1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Maybe We Need to Lay Off Jason Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DOUBLE WING, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,675 Messages
    9,902 Likes Received
    Sure it's possible. It's also possible for that terrible owner to make you think you have an inadequate coach. So you then start pining for a coach you were running out of town not too long ago.

Maybe Payton started to look good once he got out from under Jerry Jones. Maybe the same thing would happen with Jason Garrett. Maybe if Payton were to return he wouldn't look no better to the fans than Garrett does now or Payton himself did then. I'm just throwing that out there.

I guess I'm just of the mindset of no longer focusing on a revolving door of coaches and right at the real reason why it's so hard to win here.
  2. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,895 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    Well, it all comes down to the same thing again. Jerry isn't going to quit anytime soon no matter how much the fans complain. I'll take a new coach in the interim...
  3. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Cowboys would've never gotten out of the 5-11 cycle he had not come here. Don't fool yourself. You wouldn't be in a position to have any kind of expectations without Parcells. Most of the best players on this team were brought in on his watch.
  4. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I think as fans we have to get progressively HARDER on Garrett and Jones. Both of these idiots have had a hand in how poorly this team plays. As the losing continues the blame has to be spread out and intensified.
  5. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is correct, but also difficult to put into practice.
  6. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,431 Messages
    2,289 Likes Received
    This will be a little esoteric, but here goes.

Your comment, which is one that will put down the dreams of some on this board about Payton coming to Dallas, is the same as when someone like....say, me....says the team will go 6-10 to 8-8 during training camp.

Isn't that an interesting slant?
  7. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    No head coach can make Jerry do anything. I don't care who he is. JJ is the OWNER of the Dallas Cowboys. Everyone else is an Employee. Period. No employee is going to make any owner do anything. He might suggest and encourage, but never make.
  8. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Well, if that's the case I'll be dead before we win another playoff game. ***.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,675 Messages
    9,902 Likes Received
    Well, except for Tom Ciskowski.
  10. Boys122

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Jason is book smart, but dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to football 101.

Give me a real coach who knows about clock management and doesn't look like a red headed Steve Urkel.
  11. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can't "lay off" a guy that ices his own kicker and still doesn't know when to call a time-out, or throw a challenge flag after 2 years.
  12. Boys122

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    No kidding, instead lets have our DC scream at him to throw it. ~dur~