1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

McCain at CPAC tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Danny White, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm going to be there... will be interesting to see how McCain chooses to handle that crowd.

I suspect he'll end up getting a decent enough reception, but you never know.

2. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He'll probably say the right things but will the attendees really believe him?

If you're going, try to keep your hand off his butt, ala Ann Coulter in previously posted pic. :cool:
  3. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Will do! :D

I'm sure he'll tailor a speech to the audience. Don't know if they'll buy it, though.

Whatever he says, he needs to say it while acknowledging he hasn't always been with us in the past. He can't just gloss over his previous stances.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,953 Messages
    4,302 Likes Received
    Sure he can gloss over his previous stances...

He will just talk about the ones that are in line with the party...like Pro Life, Strong Military, Iraq war and so on.

If some of the stuff worked for bush and kept the party behind him...I am sure McCain can figure out a way to do it.

Besides if it comes down to McCain vs Hillary...I am sure that even the majority of conservatives that do not like Him will still wind up voting for him.
  5. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,036 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Please send a full report, once you get back. It will be interesting to see how he approaches the group, and how everyone reacts to him.
  6. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The way things are shaping up, the right wing needs McCain at least as much as McCain needs the right wing.

McCain is capable of winning the Republican nomination without the blessing of the far right.

McCain just needs for the far right to not employ a scorched earth policy. That's a challenge of sorts, given that the far right isn't exactly opposed to a bit of earth scorching from time to time ....
  7. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,945 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    Turnout will be an interesting issue. Despite the Republican party being very unpopular among "independents," I read that McCain has had better turnout among independents than any previous Republican candidate. It may turn out that it's easier to marginalize the far right in a primary than in the general election.
  8. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He can do whatever he wants, but if he wants a warm reception, and no boos, then he's gotta come clean on a couple of issues.

If he ducks them, it won't go well.