1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

McCain leads Obama by 6 points

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  2. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And that's with almost zero effort on his part.
  3. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I kinda thought this would happen as the Dems continue to beat each other up.

I think once they have their candidate picked, the numbers will get back to about even and will stay there throughout the election.

This is going to be a close election.
  4. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Unless Hillary gets the nod.

And don't rain on my parade! :mad:
  5. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I disagree. I think Hillary and Obama have too many flaws.
  6. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You know better than to get too excited or worried about anything this early on. :)

There's a lot of politics left to play.

McCain has his warts too. None of these guys (or gals) is a perfect candidate.

FWIW, I think he'll win, but it's gonna be close.
  7. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    True dat!
  8. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,979 Messages
    259 Likes Received
  9. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  10. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,979 Messages
    259 Likes Received
  11. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That would probably give us a better President than the current system, LOL...
  12. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,458 Likes Received
    Glad to see McCain doing well in the polls but this will no doubt be a close election. I just hope that McCain and the Republicans can get the people out and voting on Election Day. Excuse me if I have little faith in polls conducted over the phone because in the end it takes people getting off their butts out the door and to the election booth.
  14. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Zogby is, by far, the worst pollster out there... you'd be wiser to cite the recent Gallup poll, which also had McCain leading both Obama and Clinton...

But if you average together the ten major polls up on PollingReport.com taken in the month of March, there isn't a full percentage point difference between McCain and Clinton, or McCain and Obama, with the Democrats holding a very slight lead in both situations...
  15. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,500 Messages
    155 Likes Received
  16. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is why the GOP is so scared right now, they've seen the HUGE turnout for the Democratic primaries, record setting turnout in most cases...

Yeah, folks can say one thing on the phone, then not bother to vote... but these folks who turned out to vote in the primaries are dead morally certain to turn out for the election too...
  17. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    The problem is that we had a presumptive nominee for quite a while on the GOP side and the turn out was light. Factor in the cross over vote and it's not as huge as out think in regards to the numbers.

As for the GOP being scared, I don't know of anyone on this side of the fence scared of Obama, Hillary or anyone else.

The nation is not going to put either of those liberals in office. They just are not going to do that.

It's flat out not happening.
  18. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  19. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This country is deeply pissed at Dubya, and the GOP... they hate the war he gave us, they hate what he's done to the economy... the 2008 elections will be about his failure, and the Republican party's...

This country has tried the conservative approach, and it failed miserably... human nature being what it is, the voters want a change from the failed approaches of the GOP...

The 2006 midterms should have told you that, lots of "liberals" found their way into office over your "conservatives", resulting in your boys losing control of Congress... this should have told the GOP that they needed a new approach, instead they've selected a candidate whose views re: the war and the economy line up too closely with the old regime's...
  20. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    OK. But I'm telling you it's not going to happen.

we'll see.