1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

McCain said himself he wants to run the healthcare like "we" ran the banking sytem

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by MilesAustinforMVP, Sep 20, 2008.

1. MilesAustinforMVP

MilesAustinforMVP Benched

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "Opening up the health insurance market to more vigorous nationwide competition, as we have done over the last decade in banking, would provide more choices of innovative products less burdened by the worst excesses of state-based regulation."

http://www.contingencies.org/septoct08/mccain.pdf

Boy someone has egg all over their face. :laugh2:
  2. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,858 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    It's a perfect example as to why we shouldn't have nationalized health care under any circumstances.

Our government can't run it...
  3. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh, snappity snap snap snap.
  4. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What? The problem with the financial crisis is our government took a hands off approach. The problem was they weren't involved enough in the banking industry. Your statement didn't make any sense. I think you are trying your very hardest to glean from this crisis some deluded logic to justify your position.
  5. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  6. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  7. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,858 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Justify what position? The government shouldn't be involved in private industry especially healthcare. They screw everything up. That's my point...
  8. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'm sure you read through the whole thing. Buh bye.
  9. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You just said it is a perfect example of why the government shouldn't get involved. Well the government wasn't involved in the financial markets and look what happened. kind of destroys that whole argument.

Moreover, we have the best military in the world... Wouldn't you agree? And guess who runs the military. (Answer: the Government)
  10. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I did read it and it looks like nothing. I Doubt anybody talks about this story besides conservative bloggers, because its just a vain attempt by conservatives to tie Obama to this crisis when it was the conservative theory of deregulation and trickle down economics that caused it.
  11. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,999 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    Unless you intend to run the financial markets like a military dictatorship and thereby remove any semblance of freedom and democracy, you're argument holds no water.
  12. MilesAustinforMVP

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I never said we should. I was responding to this statement: "They [the government] screw everything up." I think that was perfectly clear. Stop with your straw man arguments.
  13. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Its not a straw man, the military has self contained discipline and judiciary that are apart from state and federal courts.

The military has a hierarchy and bureaucracy that is independent of the federal government apart from funding.

The military has no interest in the well being of the individual, only to transform him into a capable member of one body with one mission.

The military does not question orders or exercise choices, it obeys, it attacks, it is a war machine with one function, to destroy American enemies.

The military's self contained infrastructure and chain of command is what separates it from the meddling incompetence of congress, and I assure you that republicanism, free speech and democratic ideals leave the table the moment you step on a military base.

A self contained semi-totalitarian unit is charged with the defense of American republicanism, an irony once pointed out by President Bush who's words were misconstrued in a sound byte when he said of government "A dictatorship would be a whole lot easier."
  14. ScipioCowboy

14,999 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    I haven't made any strawmen. You, on the other hand, have a habit of taking quotes out of context. Obviously, Trick's comment was situated within a context of free market capitalism.

The military is not a free market; therefore, comparing its operation to the operation of the health care system or the mortgage industry is completely ridiculous in the context of federal regulations.
  15. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's funny because I was driving by your house and happened to see this in your yard...

[IMG]

Haven't made any strawmen huh? I think the evidence would suggest otherwise. :D
  16. ScipioCowboy

14,999 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    Your pic reminds me of a movie entitled Wickerman - if I'm recalling correctly. It was originally released in the 1960s/1970s, and then remade a few years ago with Nicolas Cage.

Does anyone else remember this?:D
  17. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,952 Messages
    4,300 Likes Received
    Of course.
    :D
  18. ScipioCowboy

14,999 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    I should've guessed.

I'll stump you yet!:p:
  19. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hey genius,only ONE person took more cash out of Fannie and Freddie than your fabricated candidate.
    To top it off,Obama named the CEO of one of those broken companies to be his campaign financial chief!
    In your case blindness is not a disease,it's a disposition.
  20. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,952 Messages
    4,300 Likes Received
    Love movies would probably stump me...better start watching the lifetime channel. :p: ;)