McShay 2018 1st Round Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, May 4, 2017.

1. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

16,225 Messages
    3,614 Likes Received
    You don't even have to look that far back.

On Jan. 21 -- after the end of the season but before the "underwear Olympics" -- Scouts Inc. had Reddick rated 217th overall, which was six spots below our UDFA tackle Dan Skipper and 19 spots below our UDFA defensive end Lewis Neal.

Zay Jones was ranked 205th, two spots below Fred Ross. Tanoh Kpassagnon was 209th, Fabian Moreau was 215th, Tyus Bowser 221st, Larry Ogunjobi 228th and Tarell Basham 238th. All of them were gone by the middle of the third round.

2. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

7,334 Messages
    4,727 Likes Received
    Collins has the juice to do that now will he ? Not saying that if a better 3T is there you don't take him the position is too important.

3. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

10,548 Messages
    4,272 Likes Received
    Lotulelei went back to school for his senior year.

4. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

4,572 Messages
    4,716 Likes Received
    Next years draft will be weak on tight ends. That's one reason I wanted one of the top ones this draft.

tyke1doe likes this.
  5. Cowboysfan917

Cowboysfan917 Active Member

308 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Darnold looks really good

6. Floaty

Floaty The Labeled One

5,282 Messages
    2,953 Likes Received
    I think it's more than...fair. It just goes to show he isn't a true talent evaluator....but more of a collector of information....and just spits out what he hears.:rolleyes:

7. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

33,993 Messages
    11,179 Likes Received
    I think I heard him say somewhere that he doesn't like doing mock drafts this early, but ESPN makes him do them so ...

8. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

16,229 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    Malik Jefferson better play a hell of a lot better this year to even start for Texas much less be a top ten pick.

9. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

41,535 Messages
    6,477 Likes Received
    I'd rather take Lotulelei.

Rockdoc likes this.
  10. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

3,665 Messages
    4,055 Likes Received
    Ridley at #5 overall is comical.

11. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

3,665 Messages
    4,055 Likes Received
    Which is exactly why it's hilarious when people say "we got Player X in the 6th round when he was mocked as a 1st rounder in Dratek3000's mock draft in May!"

Trouty likes this.
  12. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

13,647 Messages
    1,427 Likes Received
    as of right this moment, I want us to address DL, LB, OL, TE, WR and of course QB in next year's draft.

I want at least one edge guy and one interior guy. I want one LB who can play at least two of the three positions and is a beast on ST. I want one T and one interior OL drafted for depth. Witten will probably retire after next season, and we need to get us a stud TE now. I want a Switzer type WR, but in a bigger body, someone in the mid to late rounds. Finally, we need a legit backup QB. The veterans in this league suck. Kellen Moore sucks. I want a solid mid-round prospect, someone with similar traits to Dak, as far as size and athleticism. I don't expect him to have the poise or overall ability of Dak, but be as comparable as possible, as to make it easier for the transition when his number is called.

13. Floaty

Floaty The Labeled One

5,282 Messages
    2,953 Likes Received
    No Porter Gustin?...Kids gonna blow up this year... just watch....got good intell he's gonna kill it this year. He's becoming the next JJ Watt. Freak athlete w/ 4.5 speed.;)

14. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

5,810 Messages
    1,712 Likes Received
    I would not mind Vita Vea

Trouty likes this.
  15. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

10,006 Messages
    23,298 Likes Received
    Makes me wanna punch someone's face when I see that they have us drafting a DT or CB? Comeon man

haleyrules and Trouty like this.
  16. bodi

bodi Well-Known Member

2,953 Messages
    1,053 Likes Received
    I'D take him 6'1' / 310 another Aaron Donald we need a dominant guy in the middle

Trouty and Rockdoc like this.
  17. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

6,561 Messages
    4,047 Likes Received
    Aaron Donald is a quick, penetrating 3Tech (and overall monster). Lutulelei is more of a run-stuffing 1Tech. Which we may need since Paea is on a 1-year deal and we can walk away from Cedric Thornton's deal after this year.

[​IMG]
    One 3Tech to consider might be NC State's Kentavius Street. He's 6-2, 282, and a bit of an athletic freak.

Trouty likes this.
  18. bodi

bodi Well-Known Member

2,953 Messages
    1,053 Likes Received

yea I wonder if we even get a shot at either one

19. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

17,241 Messages
    15,169 Likes Received
    If you were able

haleyrules likes this.