1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Mel Renfro: Forever a Cowboy (2014)

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by fgoodwin, Jul 23, 2014.

1. fgoodwin

fgoodwin Well-Known Member

1,276 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    There's a new biography of Mel Renfro due out on Oct 1, 2014:

http://www.amazon.com/Mel-Renfro-Forever-Jeff-Sullivan/dp/1600789943

You can preorder on Amazon now. I traded several emails with author Bob Gill while I lived in Oregon. I'm looking forward to this book. I hope Cowboy fans buy it. We need to support authors who take the time and energy to write about the "Classic Cowboys". If other authors think we won't support them, we'll NEVER get a biography of Don Meredith. John Niland is also working on a bio, and I understand the son of Ralph Neely has completed the text of a Neely bio and he's shopping it around for a publisher.

I have no financial stake in the Renfro book, I just want to see more of them, and we won't see more if we don't make existing efforts financially remunerative for the authors.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

6,577 Messages
    992 Likes Received
    Thanks for the heads up on this!

3. fgoodwin

fgoodwin Well-Known Member

1,276 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    You're welcome. Let's all show what REAL fans we are, and buy a copy of this book! I've already pre-ordered mine. (That's not a challenge, just a request, whether you pre-order or not, please buy the book. Doesn't have to be from Amazon).