1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

METALLICA: Through the Never (Movie)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by TheCowboy, Sep 22, 2013.

1. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,464 Messages
    474 Likes Received
  2. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,140 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    so it's a movie and Metallica in concert both?
  3. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,464 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    Basically yes. About a roadie going to every Metallica concert. The one Metallica Movie concert I've been to it's not like any other movie. They BLAST the sound when Metallica is on. You leave nearly having a heart attack it's awesome lol
  4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,907 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    I saw a preview for it when I went to see "You're Next". I was intrigued. I plan on seeing it.
  5. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,292 Messages
    558 Likes Received
    I remember going to The Cult concert around 1990, and Metallica opened up for them. Polar opposites in music and fans. When Metallica played, me and my brother were sitting and all the Metallica fans were threatening us to get up and 'rock' with them. lol. We did rock, when The Cult finally played.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,130 Messages
    4,328 Likes Received
    Seen the previews and it getting a lot of talk on the radio around here. I'll see it when I get a chance.
  7. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,809 Messages
    1,869 Likes Received
    I saw them a few years ago live.

The music was great but James can't sing worth a damn live. He just sort of grunted thru the songs. I wouldn't spend money to see them again.
  8. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,459 Messages
    572 Likes Received
    Maybe the last decade has been unkind to his voice, but I have gone to ten Metallica concerts "pre-kids" because they were incredible live.
  9. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,653 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    All the years of alcohol and just general age have taken a huge toll on Hetfield's voice, but it's to be expected. You don't go see a rock band live to hear perfectly in tune vocals. You go to see a show and just rock out. Honestly, most people including actually talented singers are pretty bad singers live, because they're not in a studio getting to do as many takes as necessary to get perfect pitch. Concerts are, and always have been about the spectacle and the performance, whether it's just the band playing together, or outright pyrotechnics, dance, etc.
  10. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,809 Messages
    1,869 Likes Received
    Let't just say the vocals live were not what you hear on the cd's. I like them but have seen better.
  11. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Beer good fire BAD
  12. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,464 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    Saw the movie tonight. It's basically just a Metallica concert. There's no real movie in it. Just some kid screwing around after taking a drug. It was a great concert but for $14 wait for DVD rental or search full Metallica concerts on youtube. 7.5/10