1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Michael Brockers

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ragingbull2488, Mar 27, 2012.

1. ragingbull2488

ragingbull2488 Member

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Can someone please fill me in on him. I keep seeing his name pop up in regards to us and our interest From what I can tell he seems to be a solid prospect and has a ton of upside in regards to his age, size and ability. I lack other knowledge to form an opinion though.
  2. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,838 Messages
    804 Likes Received
    Pros: Is big
    Cons: Doesn't appear to do much
  3. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,018 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    He is good, I am surprised you are so down on him, he is a Tyron Smith starter kit on the DLine, coming out as a redshirt sophomore. His presence made the DL for LSU better, here is what ESPN broadus an LSU alum has to say about him. I watched him kill the AR line.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb.../draft-preview-series-lsu-dl-michael-brockers
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,423 Messages
    1,297 Likes Received
    Has the size and arm length to dominate. OTOH hasnt shown the explosion you would like to see in a mid first round pick.
  5. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,603 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    Some say he draws double teams often and still has the strength/skill to get pressure through. Not sure how true this is but it intrigues me...
  6. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,755 Messages
    1,283 Likes Received
    I trust Broaddus a lot because he's usually spot on in his assessments. But I just don't see anything that's that great with Brockers.

I've read a lot of the scouting reports, but any film I can get my hands on I've been unimpressed. Rarely beat one on one? Not really. Explosiveness off the snap? When? I just don't see it. Half the time he seems to be stonewalled by the o'line and he's not always fighting against double teams. I mean he's not awful and I see the potential, but I've been more impressed by others in the draft.

Guy is huge though and would be a handful for any o line. Wouldn't complain if we had him since apparently his best football is ahead of him (or so I keep hearing).
  7. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,018 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Guy is huge though and would be a handful for any o line. Wouldn't complain if we had him since apparently his best football is ahead of him (or so I keep hearing).[/QUOTE]

I think a better product in a different position is Cox, he is the two door jeep and brockers is the four door hummer.
  8. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,037 Messages
    634 Likes Received
    this is true,Alabama doubled team Brockers the whole game in the title game and he still played pretty well and made plays.I am just scared off by his combine performance though,it really bugs me and totally unexpected from Brockers who was supposed to be this freak athlete .
  9. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We hate Spears so let's go get a guy higher who produced way less.
  10. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,497 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Before the Combine he was projected upwards of near a Top 5 pick.

His value slid at the NFL combine, although he still posted freak numbers for a player of his physical stature.

On the field he produced at a big time need position. 3/4 NT.
  11. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,335 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    I think a better product in a different position is Cox, he is the two door jeep and brockers is the four door hummer.[/QUOTE]

disagree, cox and brockers played the same teams and cox has a worse team and played better. Cox has much better explosion and speed. Brockers is slow with no explosion off the line.

I don't see anything in Brockers except that he has the build everyone looks for in a 3-4 DE. I would take Cox, Reyes, Crick, Still over Brockers.
  12. supercowboy8

5,335 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    anyone that thinks Brockers is a day one starter is wrong. the guy has only played one year in college football. Is will take some time to develop and at 14 that would be a waste when this team needs to win now.
  13. SilverStarCowboy

7,497 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    No, you're wrong.

Brockers starts day 1 NT.
  14. supercowboy8

5,335 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    NT? are you joking. You want brockers to play NT. Have you seen him play. If the guy plays in a 3-4 he is a DE. he plays way to high to be a NT. 6'6" NT that doesn't have a low wide base, if Dallas does this then they deserve to got 4-12 next year.

You obviously havd either never seen him play or have no idea what a NT does.
  15. SilverStarCowboy

7,497 Messages
    406 Likes Received

You need to do a little more research. Brockers moves Rattliff to DE.
  16. supercowboy8

5,335 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    but we will still need a NT.

Brockers is not a NT.

Don't worry about my research I watch every SEC team play every game so i have seen every college game Brockers played. not impressed by him at all.
  17. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,347 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Saw a couple of Scouting reports that compare His game to Richard Seymour
  18. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Did that really just happen?

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :laugh2: :bang2:
  19. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,085 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    There's no way I'd play Brockers at NT. Granted I wouldn't have likely tried Ratliff at NT back in 07', but I'm pretty sure if we drafted Brockers it would be him at RDE, Ratliff at NT and Spears at LDE.
  20. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,959 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    I had relatively high hopes for Brent last year that obviously never came to fruition. We obviously need some competition on the front 3, I finding my self warming up to either Brockers or Cox after reading a lot of their profile descriptions and watching some of their video, especially if we get a center in round 2 or 3.