1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Michael Irvin said "Cowboys will make Playoffs"

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Qwickdraw, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just said it on Sportscenter.
    Said it will be because of our defense. Namely Glover, Ware, Newman and Williams.

Just thought I'd post it seeing as how Irvin has become such an Eagles "homer" in recent years.
  2. parchy

parchy New Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    A lot of ESPN commentators have been picking the Cowboys to do well. It may just be a couple of doofases talking about something they know nothing about, but it still makes me feel better about the season.
  3. followthestar

followthestar Active Member

2,083 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    i saw that also and i just want to say i like Mike...
  4. NovaCowboy

NovaCowboy Benched

634 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I dont see it Mikey. This team has got some real holes, starting at QB and Head Coach.
  5. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,987 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey QD..........lmao at your latest sig pic!!
  6. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks LTN.
    Yours is pretty good as well. Very well done.
  7. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    It would be funny if he were crying and saying "I got a booboo" or something like that. :p
  8. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Head Coach.....you are kidding right?
    Fishing trip???
  9. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,987 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My idea, but a Brainpaint creation. TB also made me a few of them in the turtle motif..

Of course mine qualifies as irony, yours literally :)
  10. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

4,946 Messages
    990 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  11. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,217 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    Head coach. I am not sure you could call having a Bill Parcels a hole. Hes pretty smart and while he makes mistakes, heres a news flash for ya, Lombardi and Landry both made mistakes. Coming from Campo, Switzer and Gailey, I am calling Head Coach upgraded and above the league average.
  12. NovaCowboy

NovaCowboy Benched

634 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No actually Im not kidding.

What exactly has Parcells accomplished here going into year #3? This team, with the transitions and void at QB will be darn lucky to notch seven wins this season.

Thats not a popular view, I realize that, but its the way I view it none the less. I hope for all of our sake, Im wrong, ot wouldnt be the first time
  13. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,031 Messages
    3,263 Likes Received
    Although I hope what Irvin says happens....but we also gotta remember this is the same guy that probably said...."Honest Officer it is just Baby Powder." :laugh2:
  14. Native Born Fan

Native Born Fan New Member

96 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ok...How often do we really laugh our A$$ off? That sig with Jacob Rogers as a baby...I did. LMAO!!!!:lmao2:
  15. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Name 1 coach who is better qualified to run our team right now. Not using existing coaches who have jobs.

I challenge you.
  16. NovaCowboy

NovaCowboy Benched

634 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jimmy Johnson for starters, we brought the wrong coach out of retirement.

Jim Johnson (Philly DC)
    Crennel or Weiss either one would have brought a fresh perspective here on what it takes to win in the league these days.
    Dan Reeves

Kirk Ferentz (Iowa)

Look I could go on all day with this list of who I think would be better. The fact is, Parcells did a horrible and I mean horrible job with this team last season. On the field and off.

I dont believe everything Im told, I believe what I see and what I see is a coach that just cant get it done.
  17. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,025 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    1st JJ. Great coach for us, but he doesn't have the track record of turning multiple teams around like Parcells. Plus, he's never coming out of retirement.

Second JJ, and the other coordinators that were mentioned. Never proven to be successful at the head coaching level.

Dan Reeves. Good coach. Still not as good a track record as Parcells.

Ferentz? Who the hell?

Yes, Parcells did a bad job last year. But that isn't an answer to the question.
  18. devman90

devman90 The Master of Disaster

324 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Irvin is getting less and less credible to me, he just keeps getting louder and louder
  19. NovaCowboy

NovaCowboy Benched

634 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They said the same thing about Parcells

No but they have been proven coordinators that have been very instrumental to their teams success. Everyone has to start somewhere even the almighty Parcells.

Dan Reeves. Good coach. Still not as good a track record as Parcells.

Ok, that was my darkhorse college candidate, I like the guy, what can I say.
  20. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    :signmast:

Someone flushed the toilet at Extreme skins and this piece over-flowed to our board????

:confused: