1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Michael, TJ, and Jaws all agree....

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by The30YardSlant, Nov 21, 2005.

1. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dallas can win the Superbowl
  2. lane

lane The Chairman

10,440 Messages
    392 Likes Received
    barring injuries we will win the superbowl..

if we can keep freeney off bledsoe...
  3. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,098 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Let's beat Denver on Thursday before we break out the hats and horns....
  4. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy

2,819 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    So can just about any team in the playoff hunt, or did they think only the Cowboys from the NFC?
  5. SteveOS

SteveOS Dedicated to Sports Gaming

1,883 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LMAO!

Agreed 100%.
  6. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Well, it would be nice to make the playoffs first.

I'd say we're just a bit less than even money to get to the SB...again, IF we get in the playoffs.

And if we do, I'd figure us to be 12 point dogs to the Colts...if no one knocks them off. Pretty big upset.

Too many ifs...

I wanna get past the next two weeks with two wins. Then I'll feel a lot better.
  7. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,069 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    I think this is such a huge game for the Boys. It reminds me of the Carolina game 2 years ago at home. It'll be a tough and physical game. But it's certainly a game we can win if we play well at home. A win here builds more team confidence and really sets the Boys up nicely the rest of the way. The Giants have a tough game in Seattle. We could possibly take control of the division @ the Meadowlands next week if things go our way.
  8. Gooch

Gooch E-Dog

623 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yeah, but Jackson also agreed that each NFC team with a winning record (including the Skins) can win the Superbowl, so I'm not sure how much "analysis" there was in that quote.
  9. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,557 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The question was posed to all 3 of them about every team in contention.

The 2 teams all 3 said "Yes" to was the Cowboys and Panthers.

I found it real Funny that Jaws said the Cowboys can make the Superbowl, and said the Giants can not, but then ranked the Giants in his top 5, but not Dallas. Go figure!
  10. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,557 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Amen!
  11. te0002

te0002 Member

820 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Take care of Denver and NYG and then we can discuss - maybe - Tucker vs. Freeney
  12. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,842 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    The NFC is wide open between 4 teams

Cowboys, Panthers, Seahawks, Falcons
  13. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing

4,070 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The key IMHO is getting one of the two BYE weeks. I said it at the time, and it holds true now more than ever, that Seattle loss is going to haunt us. It's a big difference between the second and third seed in this league.

Step 1: Win the division
    Step 2: Secure a BYE week
    Step 3: Win the Superbowl

If this team beats Denver at home next week and the Giants the week after that, that would be a 5 game winning streak and put step 1 to rest.
  14. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,575 Messages
    1,090 Likes Received
    Not to rain on the Kool Aid Parade (tm) but the Cowboys aren't even guaranteed a winning season yet much less a playoff spot or the division champion.
  15. lspain1

lspain1 Active Member

4,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I too will pass on the Kool Aid for a bit longer.
  16. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,366 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Let's take each game one at a time and let's see where we are.

We still have to play the Giants at the Meadowlands......and no telling what the weather will be like. Why do you think BP was working on the running game against Detroit.

We still have to play the Skins at home...again a chance of bad weather.

Carolina......Tampa Bay.....KC.......

We still have a lot of work ahead of us.
  17. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,247 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    We can make the playoffs...anyone in the playoffs can get hot and get the breaks and win the SB, so of course, we can as well.

However, this team still has holes. This team is still raw and relatively unimpressive at OLB. Ware will continue to develop and hopefully become a star, but there's no comparing him to LT at this point. ON the other side, we're very questionable. We are getting by at FS, but it's still a weak spot.

And clearly the OL is still the weakest unit on the field. Our two OTs are playing better than any of us would have guessed in preseason, but they are not your typical SB tackles. Our offense is somewhat limited by having to help them.

It could happen, and I hope it does, and if we get there (SB), we can certainly win any single game....but this team, for all its youth and effort, does not look like a SB team to me...just my opinion.
  18. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,132 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    Very good post, wayne M.

I have questions about Bledsoe. Without proper protection, he scares me because he throws strange passes when pressured.

Also, I don't see as much pressure from the front four as I'd like.

I think we can beat Seattle in Seattle, but the Panthers, Bears and Bucs concern me because they have the defensive front four to give us fits, especially with our unstable OL.
  19. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,228 Messages
    3,180 Likes Received
    We could easily lose the next six games and STL isn't a given.

One game at a time. We blew AZ away o/w it's been nip and tuck.

We are a marginal team but could be something. Too bad about the OT problem.
  20. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,288 Messages
    659 Likes Received
    Bryan Cox stated on his show that Seattle may have the best record right now and everyone thinks they have the inside track on hoemfield, but when all is said and done, the Cowboys will have the best record and homefield thoughout the playoffs.

That said.........I too will hold off on the kool aid.