1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Mike and Mike

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by littlewebs, Mar 13, 2006.

1. littlewebs

littlewebs Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.

433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mike and Mike in the Morning is about to talk about the Redskins signing of Randle El next segment in about 5 minutes. Greenberg seems to think this is the most phenomenal signing of the entire weekend. This guy has made like 10 big plays in 4 years for the Steelers. I have no idea why so many people are all over him being this great receiver. And don't even get me started on Brandon Lloyd.
  2. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    by thsemselves they dont look like much, but Gibbs got a career yr out of Moss and made him one of the most dangerous guys in the league...he has a career history of getting bigtime production from WR's....Randel El and Lloyd are better than what was there as #2 and #3 guys...

sure they overpaid, but their offense will be alot better if Brunell duplicates last yrs play

David
  3. clayman

clayman New Member

272 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They are probably excited as he being a player with an upside at WR since he didn't see the ball too much in Pitt and his return skills.
  4. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll put it this way.

Randle El was the #1 guy I wanted this offseason and Brandon Lloyd was the #2.

This sucks.
  5. PacoReloaded

PacoReloaded New Member

366 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let's not forget that their new OC has a way of getting the most out of medicore WR's and making them dangerous.
  6. PacoReloaded

PacoReloaded New Member

366 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought you didn't like people with attitude problems.
  7. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

3,015 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Why?

Was either of them worth the big tag to replace either KJ or Crayton?
  8. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,158 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    He can sure throw the run/option pass play pretty nicely thank you.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,201 Messages
    1,332 Likes Received
    Overpaid for marginal talent. Typical skins. Randal L is a good player that can maybe give you 2-3 plays a game. Is that worth 25 million?
    He scored 2 TD's last season. Sure he threw for one in the SB, but so what?
    Sort of like Larry Brown- made a splash in the SB and got serious money- and then disapeared. the skins have no possession WR, no one to go over the middle. Sounds fairly limited to me. And they are depending on an aging QB with a HISTORY of injuries.
  10. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is Lloyd an attitude problem?

If so, this is news to me and thus I don't feel that bad any longer.

I think Lloyd is a star on the rise but if what you imply is true then... yes, you are correct. My interest in Lloyd was mistaken and I am glad we didn't trade for him.

I LOATHE players with poor character.
  11. TheKey

TheKey Faster than Felix

2,600 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Randal El by himself is not much. Combined with Moss, Cooley, Lloyd, and Portis and their O isnt looking bad. I just want to know where all of this money is coming from.
  12. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,281 Messages
    208 Likes Received
    I've read reports that he wasn't well liked in the locker room.
  13. HTownCowboysFan

HTownCowboysFan New Member

1,912 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    #1, who cares what the the 'skins do?! It blows my mind how many of you Cowboys fans seemed to be obsessed with what that team does.

#2, Ask yourself, why was Pitts willing to let him go? Why was SF willing to trade their WR?

BECAUSE THEY ARE REPLACABLE.
  14. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    #1- we should care what the Skins do...they beat us twice last yr and totally clobbered us in Washington last December...they won a playoff game (on the road) as well, something Parcells hasnt done in 3 years here yet

#2...Pitt never overpays for anyone, Lloyd was apparently traded due to being a trouble maker with their coaching staff...doesnt mean either is a bad addition for the Skisn though, both guys are betetr players than what they had at #2 and #3 WR last yr

David
  15. littlewebs

littlewebs Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.

433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Apparently he's more concerned with becoming a rapper than studying game film and making himself a better player. Can't remember where I saw that.
  16. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,356 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    1 million per catch. what a bargain
    i like el but he is not a great wr, he is a good one and is a nice compliment to their recievers and a good st players, but 1 mil per catch, wow
  17. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Moss, Randal-el,Llyod...nice WR corp
  18. SouthernStar

SouthernStar New Member

283 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  19. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,713 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Several signs point to Lloyd departure
    Kevin Lynch, Chronicle Staff Writer
    Saturday, March 11, 2006
    A number of questions persist around the 49ers complex as the long-awaited free-agent market opens:

-- Will wide receiver Brandon Lloyd be shipped off to Washington?
    -- Who will the team pursue in free agency?
    -- What are the chances of retaining players such as fullback Fred Beasley, defensive end Andre Carter and linebacker Julian Peterson now that they are going to be free agents?

On the plus side, the team is expected to re-sign kicker Joe Nedney today.
    Beyond that, the Redskins are reportedly interested in trading for Lloyd, who led the 49ers in receptions last year. A source close to Lloyd said Washington was prepared to offer a third-round choice this season and a fourth rounder in next year's draft. Lloyd, who apparently has been secretly seeking a trade, expected the deal to be completed.

A team spokesman said that coach Mike Nolan hasn't heard anything from the Redskins. Teams were prohibited from talking trade or from talking to another team's free agents until 9:01 p.m. PST Friday, when free agency officially opened.

Lloyd caught 48 passes for 732 yards and five touchdowns during a down year for the 49ers' offense. However, his abrasive personality angered many players. Defensive players particularly found him unsavory and a few of the defensive leaders, during a meeting between Nolan and selected veterans, told Nolan the locker room would be better off without Lloyd. Lloyd also alienated teammates when he refused to take any blame after backing off a pass at the goal line in the 17-9 loss to the Bears in Chicago in November. Lloyd repeatedly said quarterback Cody Pickett "threw the ball too early."

Nolan told the media "no one is above the rest of the team" when asked about Lloyd's comments the next day. Nolan had two private meetings with Lloyd that week.

Lloyd has told others he didn't like being called out in front of the team and didn't consider himself a "Nolan guy."

If the trade is completed, the 49ers would be acutely thin at wide receiver, a position they hoped to bolster through free agency. A Lloyd trade could increase the team's interest in a free agent such as Steeler Antwaan Randle El.

Defensive end Carter will reportedly draw interest from the Redskins, the 49ers expect someone to make a large offer for Peterson that they would be unwilling to match and Beasley doesn't want to come back because of his poor relationship with running backs coach Bishop Harris.