1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mike Fisher Interview of Jason Garrett...w/audio Post #1

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by craig71, Jan 2, 2013.

1. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Do you?
  2. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,359 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    Was this before or after the interview where Garrett said he didn't want to give up his OC duties? Serious question.
  3. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,600 Messages
    17 Likes Received

I have no doubt that you were serious. I just have my doubts that many will take the time to listen to the interview.

Craig
  4. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,577 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    This was a good interview. He was more real, less robot.
  5. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,600 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I believe that this was his latest interview.

Craig
  6. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    491 Likes Received
    I think you have to give Garrett another season. Give him a play caller if youre making a change at that level, I like that idea but I dont think changing the HC is the right answer for now.
  7. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,712 Messages
    1,796 Likes Received
    For those you of you who dont understand garretts coaching on the field all you have to do is listen to a pc of his and you'll understand.
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,677 Messages
    1,889 Likes Received
    That was a pretty good interview.
  9. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,722 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received
    Oh okay.

No sweat. Just like Eagles fans having sex, no sweat.
  10. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I am sure most of fans wont even bother listening to that gem of interview, especially the genious, Garrett is Robot/process/or whatever cliche's they would like to throw at him.

But, I thought it was pretty clear for me, from the beginning why Garrett chooses to be cliched in his answers. Although I am sure media and fans would be surprised by his answers there though. Not that it will stop them still rediculing his answers ( doesn't seem like he gives two bits about that either, he seems more worried about doing good for cowboys than criticisms about this PCs).
  11. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,698 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/multim...-The-Fan/e35777c6-e3bd-442b-a3e4-c2af101d3552

Talks about why he's robotic at his press interviews. Says his main responsibility is to the team (not the media), and needing to understand his audience. By this, he means understanding that coaches, players, other teams are his audience, and doesn't want to say anything that might lead to a competetive advantage for another team. Says he'd like to answer straight forward and shoot from the hip, wants to be entertaining to the fans, but knows that's not what's best for his team. Has to be very careful about what he says publicly. Also acknowledged that this is often different than how he speaks to players and others behind closed doors.

Talks about needing to become a more complete offense, and having better people around Romo, but also that Romo needs to be better.

Understands that criticism comes with the job, but needs to remain focused on the task at hand. Can't be distracted by the noise outside the organization. (Interesting since some feel that he overreacts to the media's criticisms about his game-planning and playcalling).

Acknowlegdes that they never have things exactly the way they want them, but that nobody does, so they're alyays trying to improve. Talks about all the challenges he has with being HC and playcaller, but says that if there was another way that he thought was better, that he'd be open to doing something differently if the organization thought collectively it would be better for the team (take that however you will).
  12. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Well the question has finally been answered. What has improved since Jason Garrett has been here?

Jason Garrett interviews have improved. He now uses a few words that weren't included in Firmware version 1.
  13. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    After getting a chance to watch this/listen to this I think JG officially just owned a whole lot of posters around here. They won't admit to it though. They'll make up new things.
  14. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,677 Messages
    1,889 Likes Received
    How did he own anyone? It was just a good interview. Nobody is shocked that the guy can speak well. We'll be shocked when he coaches well.
  15. goshan

goshan Active Member Zone Supporter

1,880 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    How did he own people? I don't see it. He is a smart guy. Its completely obvious that he tries to be robotic in press conferences to avoid giving out information. But the fact is other coaches have figured out how to be entertaining and likable without giving out confidential information. Its all a part of his personality and the way he is wired - he is a highly intelligent, structured guy that struggles at flexibility, intuition and making decisions on the fly. He can't 'go with the flow'. This is why game situations and adjustments are such a struggle to him.
  16. Hostile

118,722 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received
    No kidding.
  17. rojan

rojan Active Member

1,486 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Whats up with your Sig Pic? Are you actually done with Romo and JG or is it just a inside joke that I dont get?
  18. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

1,173 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Good interview, but who chooses grape gatorade over fruit punch or cool blue? He's dead to me now. :)
  19. acheman

acheman Member

975 Messages
    2 Likes Received

^^This^^. I think his Game Management would drastically inrease without the burden of playcalling, not to mention it being the THIRD year of his HC Career( at any level).
    P.S. Love this sig-pic!!!
  20. Hostile

118,722 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received
    First line of the sig explains the rest. I lost a bet. A Cowboys fan bet on the Redskins. I bet on the Cowboys.