1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mike Fisher on the radio this morning

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,930 Messages
    6,623 Likes Received
    There is a rift between Garrett and Callahan.

Fisher says that sometime around the bye week, Garrett went to Jerry and asked permission (yes asked permission) to have play calling duties back. Jerry said no but they agreed to some type of sharing of the play calling duties. Believes as the season went along, Jason gained more control of the play calling (not sure if 100% control like BB has been saying). Callahan obviously is rifted by this.

He also said some in VR would like to replace Callahan with Norv Turner now that he is free. Fisher said Garrett sees Norv as a father figure. Pollack would then be promoted to the oline coach.

He also doesn't believe that Marinelli is going anywhere as long as things end amicably with Kiffin.

Since nothing is really changing at the top, he said Cowboys fans need to put their hopes on Will McClay.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  2. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,941 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    Good stuff,,, thanks for the info!
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,876 Messages
    2,435 Likes Received
    Puppet coach.
  4. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    Broaddus has said that Garrett was calling plays since the Giants game
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    We know that after the bye, Garrett started relaying the call to Romo. We also know that at times, Jason looked like he was calling plays... There were times when the previous play was barely over before he was holding the playsheet up to his mouth and calling in the play. On those occasions, I don't think there was even time for Callahan to make the full play call and Garrett to repeat it. So I think Jason was calling them himself, at least at times.

We also know Broaddus has strongly suspected (at least) that Garrett was calling plays.

Yet Garrett insisted that Callahan was calling them.

This sounds like a joke, but I seriously wonder if Garrett didn't take over playcalling and they set up the system of Jason-as-relayer so Jason could claim Callahan was calling them and Jerry wouldn't know any better.

I mean, that's so wheels off, but it would explain why it looked so much like Jason was doing it.
  6. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

2,043 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    This franchise is such a mess right now....ugh!
    tyke1doe, coogrfan, khiladi and 12 others like this.
  7. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,925 Messages
    1,930 Likes Received
    So, that might explain why Garrett threw Callahan under the bus by saying that he was calling the plays when the Cowboys lost to the eagles by not running the ball.

Had the eagles won, I wonder if Garrett would have said the same thing, that Callahan was calling the plays? Probably not...
    khiladi, stasheroo and tantrix1969 like this.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

53,944 Messages
    6,968 Likes Received
    I think we all suspected that was true. A Garrett/Calahan rift wouldn't surprise me at all. The back and forth play calling duties is a complete joke. Talk about dysfunctional.
  9. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,388 Messages
    971 Likes Received
    Too many indians, not enough chiefs.
    ilovejerry and stasheroo like this.
  10. Cowboy from New York

Cowboy from New York Well-Known Member

1,719 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    Will McClay? Maybe just having a mental block but I do not recall this name. What is the reference to this name? No joking around, just curious.
  11. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,925 Messages
    1,930 Likes Received
    I think you got that backwards.

Too many chiefs and not enough indians.
  12. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Given that JG is staying, wouldn't mind seeing Norv as OC next season.
    DEMFAN likes this.
  13. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,753 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    Is the problem Garrett or Jerry? Did Garrett have personality clashes with Wade, Ryan, and now Callahan?
    khiladi likes this.
  14. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,388 Messages
    971 Likes Received
    Yep, sorry. Getting New Years started a bit early. :D
  15. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

16,375 Messages
    2,383 Likes Received
    PLEASE get Norv on this team.
  16. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,974 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    Since Garrett is staying, I would not mind if Dallas brought in Turner. I think he could be a voice of reason for Garrett on this offense since Garrett trusts him.
  17. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,960 Messages
    2,403 Likes Received
    He's the assistant director of player personnel. I've heard good stuff about him. Maybe he's part of the reason for better draft picks lately.
  18. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

33,485 Messages
    9,428 Likes Received
    You guys are working yourselves up over an unverified report.

Is like to see Norv at OC, though. I think that's an obvious fit. Marinelli, too.
    jazzcat22 and DEMFAN like this.
  19. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,930 Messages
    6,623 Likes Received
    I think there is some grey area there. I don't believe Garrett was calling all of the plays, but I do believe he took control of the wheel when he pleased. Such a weird situation... Turner would be nice b/c at least that would bring in someone that Garrett has 110% trust in to run the offense and wouldn't butt in as he pleased.
    AmishCowboy and Boyzmamacita like this.
  20. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,960 Messages
    2,403 Likes Received
    I'm thinking the same thing. He could have a calming effect on Garrett. Is there such a thing as offensive game management coach? In any event, Garrett could learn a lot from Norv. Those 90s teams became dominant after Norv came on board. Wouldn't it be something if he helped put us in the right direction again?
    King Marco III and Texas_Pete like this.