1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Mike Golic on NFL Live said Cowboys better not rush TO

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by TruBlueCowboy, Aug 8, 2006.

1. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Was watching NFL Live and Mike Golic who seems to be a fairly level-headed guy (not too anti-Cowboys or pro-Cowboys) doesn't think TO is jaking the injury and warns the Cowboys organization that hammies are nothing to mess around with for a receiver. He said the Cowboys should make sure TO is absolutely 100% before allowing him to play again, otherwise the hammy will just get worse as the year goes on and the Cowboys will have a chump change wideout instead of a ten million dollar one. :eek::

Sort of reminds me of the groin situation with Henry. I know Bill loves to challenge the manhood of players when they are hurt, but I think he sometimes does it to his team's detriment. Wideouts and corners need those legs. Don't risk it. It would be nice to let him and Bledsoe develop some cohesion early, but it's not worth risking an 8-8 season instead of a 12-4 one. We all know this offense can become handicapped quickly. My opinion is best not to rush it. Thought I'd share Golic's opinion for those who think TO is being a wimp about it.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,084 Messages
    4,560 Likes Received
    I don't think Bill is stupid enough to get into a whizzing contest with TO at this point of the season over something that could be legit.

I hope TO is not dogging it. Parcells has no real choice but to go along with it. At least if TO is dogging it he has the sense to pick something that can not be disproved.
  3. X-Dawg

X-Dawg Benched

471 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Im a die hard Yankees fan - our 2b man -Robinson Cano supppossedly "ONLY tweaked " his hammy but missed his All Star Appearance...and 25 games! he tried to run the bases a few times and had to stop b/c of pain ...
    Yes - BE CAREFUL here if he really did tweak it....Cano is a kid BTW and TO is in his 30's.
    We don't wanna wind up rueing the day we rushed him ontop of rueing the day we signed him.
  4. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,043 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    Parcells 'Superman came back from that in just four days!'
  5. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Shut the hell up, Golic. Go back to stuffing your face with bearclaws.
  6. TheKey

TheKey Faster than Felix

2,645 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    He's already back jogging. He said he was feeling good today. Give him 5 more days and I bet hes back to practice on Monday.
  7. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Parcells also says he bases his opinion on what the trainers say. But nobody knows the true but the one feeling it. I say rest it till its 100% better.
  8. icyhot

icyhot Member

395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think you should change your aviatar into a cat,because you are one sour puss.
  9. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I knew there was a reason i didn't like you. LETS GO METS!!!!!!!! joke :p
  10. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received

[IMG]
  11. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Fat guy in a little coat.
  12. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    I bet if Chris Farley had owned one of TO's magical oxygen chambers, he may have lived a year longer.
  13. Manster68

Manster68 Well-Known Member

1,611 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Toomy Boy was an awesome movie.

And yes, golic is an ***clown.
  14. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    TO will come back at 100 percent......I hope
  15. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,377 Messages
    1,402 Likes Received
    Henry's injury was more of a case of a misdiagnosis by the medical staff. They thought he just pulled his groin and couldn't figure out why he wasn't able to go a few weeks later. Then they found out at the end of the season that he had an abdominal tear (extremely painful injury) as well that they never noticed.

Rich......
  16. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,110 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Really, I never heard that, it makes sense tho.

And how do they miss something like that ???
  17. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,700 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    Yakuza Rich said:

And this is exactly why I have no problem with TO bringing his own Dr in.