1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mike Pouncey is an idiot

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by ABQCOWBOY, May 9, 2014.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,542 Messages
    1,513 Likes Received
    Dolphins: Tweet has been addressed
    Updated: May 9, 2014, 6:18 PM ET
    By James Walker | ESPN.com

DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins Pro Bowl center Mike Pouncey deactivated his Twitter account Friday, not long after posting an ill-timed comment about the team's first-round pick, offensive lineman Ja'Wuan James.
    Pouncey is not immune to controversy. In February, Pouncey and former teammates Richie Incognito and John Jerry were named in the Ted Wells report as the primary culprits in the harassment of Jonathan Martin and others. He found himself back in a tight spot Friday when he posted on Twitter: "Great pick! I can't wait for our gifts he's getting us lol."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/st...iscuss-mike-pouncey-tweet-rookie-jawuan-james
  2. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

849 Messages
    563 Likes Received
    So stupid.
  3. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,060 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    I have to say I was going to start a thread with the exact same title. Dude is under review and can still be suspended for the Martin debacle. What a mental midget.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,435 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received
    I am beginning to wonder if anyone on that O line had a brain at all.
  5. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,974 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    lmao, he learned nothing
  6. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,333 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    The funny part is, the inmates run the asylum and they see nothing wrong with the losing that comes with it. It is like they are proud, and don't mind the losing that accompanies it.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,796 Messages
    1,635 Likes Received
    What a maroon.
  8. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    I still wonder how he got away with it in the Martin issue... it was clear that he was into it just like Incognito.
  9. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,407 Messages
    1,686 Likes Received
    Ha Ha, didnt you hear Philbin take responsibility for everything that happened and then explain how it wasnt his fault, but now he will really be on top of things? The whole organization is run by idiots starting with the lunatic owner that is in awe of the HC. Losers from top to bottom.

I had Dolphins season tix for 6 years. Havent had them since 2006, my last year. I still get calls routinely from the Dolphins "inviting" me back. I get calls and invitations in the mail, The last was a month ago inviting me to a special event with Joe Philbin. I wouldnt walk across the street to eat dinner with the guy if he was buying.

Sad state of affairs in Miami.
  10. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    On October 27, 2013, following a Miami/Patriots game, Mike Pouncey was served with a Grand Jury subpoena for the Aaron Hernandez murder and gun trafficking investigation for questioning related to the case.

The guy just just keeps tacking on little crap here and there and he wont stop till they get tired of him popping up then he's off to wherever. It's like the prima donna disease that used to belong to the receivers has spread to the lineman.
  11. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,873 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    They just had another player tweet about the Michael Sam thing as well. Think before you tweet people! You would think these players would get the hint by now, it's hard to blame the coaches for such careless actions.
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,435 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received

in the immortal words of Forrest Gump:

"STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES."
  13. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,535 Messages
    1,326 Likes Received
  14. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,879 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    You just can't fix stupid!
  15. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,731 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Why can't someone tweet about that?

Why isn't anybody/everyone allowed to give their opinion?
  16. slaga

slaga Member

214 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Because it is not politically correct and, to some degree, the players represent the organization (both the team and the NFL) that employs them.
  17. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,873 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    Who knows, but it wasn't a very smart move, and he wasn't giving much of an opinion.
  18. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,877 Messages
    981 Likes Received
    He was allowed to give his opinion. The team has a right to respond in what they feel is their best interest.
  19. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Because if its not PC enough you get the PC hammer and you are done.
  20. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,731 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Seems like everyone should be able to give their opinion without fear of repercussion.

If they are asking for tolerance, it should work both ways.
    WPBCowboysFan likes this.