1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mike Vick - the 'Coach Killer' as Jim Mora Sr called him

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by LaTunaNostra, Nov 19, 2006.

1. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    this week.

And of course, Jim Jr came back with "I never listen to what my dad has to say".

I love Vick, but there's a whole lotta looming truth in the old man's words...either MV finds the way to consistency, or Mora's head is in the noose.

Loved the term Mora Sr used this week tho - it was well suited to Bledsoe, and a number of other 'name' qbs as well as Vick.
  2. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,449 Messages
    3,014 Likes Received
    But you know B, it seems the fans recognize a "coach killer" quicker than the many people within the NFL itself. :)
  3. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,242 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    If Vick were ANY other QB, he wouldn't be getting this much lee-way. They are STILL talking about Vick "learning" how to be a QB. He's been in the league for 6 YEARS now.
  4. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, you and I did..but I only started CARING when it was BILL'S head in the noose.

I like Mora tho, and his loyalty to Vick is err, charming. I guess there are so few NFC coaches I can bear the thought of winning (Fox and Smith are two others) that it pains me to see him taken down by Vick's inconsistency (and Johnny Abe's groin).

But the time is coming....and my cynical side tells me the old man's words this week were planned in advance.