1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: Mike Zimmer on Tony Romo and Dez Bryant w/audio Post #8

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 5, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,708 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer joined Galloway and Company on KESN-FM 103.3 to talk about the Cowboys. Here are some highlights.

On Tony Romo:
    “When he was a young guy, I remember him staying out at practice and throwing the ball into the net at the targets for hours and hours and doing all of those things. I remember all the positives that have gotten him to that point. When I watch him play now, I’m still a Tony Romo fan. I get to game plan against quarterbacks every single week in the NFL, and the people in Dallas need to understand that this guy is as talented of a guy as there is and he can do everything they want him to do. If something goes bad, they’re going to get on you but sometimes, the grass isn’t always greener with the next guy you bring in. I think Romo is a terrific quarterback. He does things that no other quarterback in the NFL can do.”

On Dez Bryant:
    “He really reminds me in a lot of ways of Michael Irvin. The way he can go get the football, his acceleration, his run after catch, his strength, you know Michael was great. He used to push guys off. Dez seems like he has great strength when running routes in press. He’s made some unbelievable catches on back shoulder fades that (Tony) Romo has thrown to him. In the Redskins game, he caught that ball and ran about 65 yards. He turned on the jets on that one. I think he’s a tremendous football player. They have a lot of talent there.”

More in Romo article: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...s-guy-is-as-talented-of-a-guy-as-there-is.ece

More in Dez articl: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...inds-me-in-a-lot-of-ways-of-michael-irvin.ece
  2. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Love the Zimmer quote about Romo.
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,115 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    Coach Zimmer is a class act! Miss that guy at Valley Ranch, his 4-3 defense is one of the VERY best.
  4. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Always liked Zimmer. One of the few who still did at the end, I believe.
  5. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,766 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    sounds like zim thinks dez is a bit more than a possession receiver
  6. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,589 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    Yeah, people had avatars of him as the devil or something. May be a hc somewhere soon.
  7. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,708 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    One of my favorite times on the Zone was the GROZ movement led by dbair.

It was hilarious. lol
  8. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
  9. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,688 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    Only thing bad about that would be I can see Jerry bringing back Campo as the DC.
  10. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,710 Messages
    297 Likes Received
    Actually, Campo's defense was #1 with no Pro Bowlers. Zimmer took over and allowed 3 200+ rushers in a single season. Campo had to step in and co-coordinate the next year. Then Zimmer left the organization. He was never all that.
  11. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,913 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    I remember. That's why I joined on here as Zimmy Lives. The guy knows how to coach defense and he made some pretty average guys play solid football as a unit.
  12. EGTuna

EGTuna Active Member

380 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    How did Zim's wife pass away? Was it a heart-attack or stroke? He was up and down as a coordinator here, but always a classy guy that the players ostensibly respected.
  13. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,302 Messages
    422 Likes Received
    Uh..what?