1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mingo, Montgomery and Logan all headed to the league

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Jan 6, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,562 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Tim Watts ‏@TimWatts_BOL
    The hits keep coming for Les Miles and LSU with Mingo, Montgomery and Bennie Logan declaring for the draft. Might be more. #SEC
    Retweeted by JC Shurburtt
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
  2. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,978 Messages
    1,206 Likes Received
    As expected. I expect the Cowboys to pay special attention to Mingo and Montgomery at the combine.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,562 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    I'd be pretty surprised if Mingo made it past 10. Even though he only had 4 sacks this year, he will look like a freak athlete at the combine. You can bet Miles will talk him up too.
  4. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,065 Messages
    649 Likes Received
    Any interest in Bennie Logan? I would have to go back and watch a few of his games/highlights but I don't really remember a whole lot about him to be honest. Probably not a good sign, but I see him going in the 1st in a lot of places. Ideal height and weight for a 3-4 DE for sure.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,562 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    They should have interest in anybody that can help. Didnt Logan play DT this year?
  6. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,133 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    I wouldn't say ideal, but he can play the position.

Ideal would be 6'4 or taller, and as a rule of thumb I subtract 1 inch from college heights untill the combine and we get official heights.

Even more important than height, is arm length, which is unkown at this point. Typically taller guys have longer arms, but ideal there would be 33 inches or more.

Weight at 295 or so is okay, nothing I would complain about, except with his height I doubt he can add much more before losing speed, agility, ect.
  7. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,065 Messages
    649 Likes Received
    Yes, 36 tackles, 5 TFl , and 2 sacks from the position.