1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mo Claiborne Vs The Eagles

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Frozen700, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,292 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    The penalties were bad, obviously, but I'm willing to shrug off the TD he allowed. The coverage was solid, it was just an incredible catch by Riley Cooper.
  2. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,831 Messages
    336 Likes Received
    It's been a rough cople of weeks for him but up until the ATL game you could make a strong case for him being our best CB and he's only going to get better so in the long run i'm not even remotely worried about the little rough patch he seems to be inn right now
  3. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,876 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    Interesting stat on the Eagles-they're opponents get flagged for about four more penalties a game in Philly than when at home.
  4. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,490 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    Does anyone know Mo's current QB rating against is? It was above 100 a few weeks ago -- I'm curious to see where it is at now.

Also, anybody know how PFF is currently ranking him vs other corners?
  5. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,108 Messages
    789 Likes Received
    Riley Cooper says hi.
  6. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I thought some of the calls were very ticky tack and shouldn't have been called.
  7. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,983 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    This. The holding on Spencer's INT was very iffy. I've seen guys do far worse things inside of 5 yards. The TD I can't really blame him for either. It was a well thrown ball to a much bigger receiver. It was a tough game but if the worst game of your rookie year is a few 5 and 10 yard penalties then things could certainly be worse.
  8. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,938 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    1. He is a roomkie
    2. LSU teammate, Patrick Peterson, is still getting abused and this is his 2nd season.
    3. Anyone still want Nnamdi Asomugha :lmao2:
  9. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,109 Messages
    711 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

They always say "He's stealing" on espn or NFLNetwork...when they show a highlight of him.
  10. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,981 Messages
    343 Likes Received
    He didnt do very well against the eagles but wasnt too bad of a job for a rookie.
  11. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,336 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    He had a bad game but those penalties would not have been called if the officials weren't biased or weren't as bad. How could they call the holding penalty on that deep route when the receiver pulled Clay down? He was trying to regain his balance and then they called it on him. Secondly, the penalty where he was called holding when Spencer intercepted the ball is bogus. He was well in the means of the 5 yard limit on touching the receiver and whatever he did didn't stop the receiver from running his route.
  12. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,649 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    name the top corners in the past decade, all the way back to deion.

revis, bailey, sanders, charles woodson, nnamdi.

all these are elite* corners. The also run faster than a 4.5 40.

people love to throw the word elite around this kid, but honestly he doesn't have elite* athleticism. He's 5'11" 185 lbs and runs a 4.54 40 time, and looks like it on the field.

oh ya that 4 wonderlic is another reason he probably won't be elite*...name a great NFL player that scored that terribly on the wonderlic.

like i said, he'll be good, but no way in hell is he worth the 6th pick for a position that doesn't win you football games
  13. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,561 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Didn't Revis have like a 10 or 11? Also, Fitzpatrick scored a 50, look how well he's doing.

Also, didn't Dez have a high 40? He looks insanely fast on the field.
  14. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,399 Messages
    881 Likes Received
    and also, there were a couple of ticky tack holding calls there -- that's a call that often a vet doesn't have laid on them
  15. perrykemp

5,490 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    Dez insanely fast?

He has great hands, however, he seem has never seem to me to any more than average.

When was the last time you saw Dez break away from a CB? Usually they are draped all over him.
  16. perrykemp

5,490 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received
    I'd rank the top 4 corners of the past 20 years or so to be:
    • Deion Sanders
    • Rod Woodson
    • Charles Woodson
    • Champ Bailey

Nnamdi, while good, is a step below those guys. Revis was all world for a short while, but has been injured the last two seasons and you have to wonder if he can sustain a long productive career.

I do agree that there is an argument to be made that it's unreasonable to expect Mo Claiborne to be as good as those 4 guys -- all of them were absolutely incredible athletes.

I don't know anyone would call Mo an incredible athlete -- his defining characteristic in college was incredible ball skills.

I think Mo is going to good -- probably roughly equivalent to Joe Hayden the 1st overall corner drafted in 2010.
  17. Texan_Eph89

Texan_Eph89 Well-Known Member

1,053 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    He ran a 4.48 that's hardly pedestrian.. Besides, there are plenty of examples of players that play faster than their 40 times. Charles Woodson ran a 4.46 by the way.

Clairborne blew off the wonderlic, you can tell he's not an idiot when he speaks..

He was widely considered the best defensive player in the draft, of course he was worth the 6th pick.

Of course he's going to struggle, most rookie corners do. However, he's played well so far and will get better with time.
  18. bootyhunta

bootyhunta Member

493 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Even though he struggled in coverage in the game, I thought he made 2 or 3 really nice open field tackles.
  19. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,399 Messages
    881 Likes Received
    True. He clearly is not stupid.

However, I think it is a monumental failure of judgement to blow off the Wonderlic. It didn't hurt him but things like that can drop guys. If that put off a single team drafting 1-5 then he lost some money by doing so