1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mo or 2 top rated offensive linemen?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by john van brocklin, Nov 21, 2012.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,623 Messages
    3,150 Likes Received
    To carry this a step further, there is only one rookie guard who's in PFF's top-10 and that's Zietler.

And where to some of the other rookie starters rank?

Dennis Kelly (Phi) 62nd out of 78 guards.
    Peter Kronz (Atl) 67th
    Ben Jones (Hst) 68th
    Mike Brewster (Jax) 75th
    Silatolu, Amini (Car) ranked as the worst guard in the NFL
  2. GusTheo

GusTheo Active Member

166 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Yet you seem to be the one saying Claiborne trade has no real impact. Doesn't make sense there.

You have a lot of money tied up in Carr and Scandrick, truth is by drafting Claiborne they have him locked up at a reasonable rate for a while. You NEED 3 DBs in today's NFL, and the truth is Jenkins came off major surgery and hasn't been 100% healthy.

The Cowboys, moving forward will now have the resources to begin upgrading the oline. I'm sure Free gets cut, which will free up money for a new tackle. Tyron Smith will have a year under his belt. Salary cap going up, reworked contracts, and you have the caps space to sign a guard, and draft one who will hopefully come in and start, and all of a sudden you have a line that you can win with. It might not be the best, but it won't be th atrocity the current one is.
  3. MichaelWinicki

32,623 Messages
    3,150 Likes Received
    I never said they were going to provide immediate impact.

You're right you do have to think long term

And the fact was and is, this offensive line wasn't going to be fixed in one or two offseasons.
  4. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,389 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    i hate everything we do and i could do it better, in my head or madden
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,514 Messages
    9,683 Likes Received
    I'm not saying Claiborne has no impact this year as a rookie. I'm saying Morris Claiborne will never be an impact player in the NFL. He can make a lot of plays with the right players in front of him and make you think he's an impact player but the truth is he will never make the players around him better and that's what a true impact player does.

The same is said for Brandon Carr. One of the most over paid players in professional sports.
  6. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,885 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    no, we wouldn't have.

this team had brockers set to go had we stayed where we were.

at 45 they were going to take bobby wagner ANOTHER ILB.
    people laughed when that was brought up but truth is he has been outstanding for the seahags.

the top OT was kalil but he went even before our trade up.
    the NEXT OT was Riley Reiff at pick 23.
    And he doesnt even start. On a team beleaguered in every way.
  7. Risen Star

22,514 Messages
    9,683 Likes Received
    That's right. We should have started the process last offseason. I simply can't wrap my head around any of you guys who watch this team so religiously disagreeing that we needed a different plan last spring.

Is this CB fetish so intense that you don't mind seeing your franchise QB molested on every snap?
  8. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,885 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    you are seriously closing in on loony bin territory.
  9. ShiningStar

6,389 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    do you like anything about this team?
  10. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,759 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    I didn't like the Mo pick at the time, but now think going forward that him and Carr will be one of the more solid tandems for the next four years. The real problem was picking up Livings/Bernadau, if they weren't so bad nobody would be even questioning the Mo pick now. Whomever singled them out should be beaten with a car arial.
  11. Risen Star

22,514 Messages
    9,683 Likes Received
    Wagner was on my pet cat list so I didn't laugh. I said after the draft that if the only choice I had was Claiborne or Brockers and Wagner, give me the latter.

Nothing against Morris. As cornerbacks go, I like him. He just does not address the fatal flaws with this team.
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,808 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    of course just maybe some of those so called busts (for anyone that believes PFF garbage) just might have landed in places not right for them or have mediocre coaches.

But mostly those whining about those that wanted to take O line high are those that have been claiming that Jerruh did all he could and all that he needed to do this offseason to fix the o line. Some of them even claim the O line only needs time to become just fine. No real need to do anything else
  13. MichaelWinicki

32,623 Messages
    3,150 Likes Received
    I see a lot of franchise QB's get molested on every snap... Like Rodgers and still win.
  14. Risen Star

22,514 Messages
    9,683 Likes Received
    The QB. The coaching staff with the exception of the ST coach. Ware, Witten, Carter, Lee, Tyron.

A few things.
  15. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,885 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    do you even think AT ALL before you post?
    they DID start the process last year.
    they used pick 9 overall on an OT.

they followed that by signing two starting OL this year.
  16. ShiningStar

6,389 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    i thank you thats at least something.
  17. burmafrd

41,808 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    or get broken like Carr was; or put on IR or nearly so like Romo was last season.

Amazing the lengths some will go to defend their belief that the only thing this O line needs to become a top 10 line is just time
  18. burmafrd

41,808 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    you mean the two bargain basement FAs we got this year?

Just how well is that going?
  19. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,344 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    Ah, I completely forgot about taking Wagner in the 2nd round. This just reinforces the idea that Dallas had no intention of drafting offensive linemen.
  20. Risen Star

22,514 Messages
    9,683 Likes Received
    I was talking about last offseason. Tyron was two offseasons ago.

You SHOULD read MORE carefully.