1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mock Based on the Novel Push by Saphire

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Mar 3, 2011.

1. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,817 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    Best guess at FA. They sign Michael Huff and Tyson Clabo as starters. They let Spears and Hatcher go apparently.

Colombo, Barber, Leonard Davis, Ball cut.

Brooking and Igor hang on for a while

Dallas trades a 3rd and change to the Browns for 6. Browns targeting Julio Jones at 9.

6 - Patrick Peterson - CB/S - LSU - Its early March, Ive got nothing else to say on him

Dallas trades down to the late 2nd to get back a 3rd

2nd - Stephen Wisnewski - C/G - Penn St. - If he makes it. The perfect interior offensive linemen for us. Smart, tough, physical. Mayock said he has the best technique hes ever seen. A+ intangibles and he can replace Gurode at center down the line.

3rd - Bruce Carter - LB - UNC - 6'2"/240/Possible 4.5 40 time - Coming off an injury if not he might have been a late 1st rounder. I love this guys athleticism and fluidness. Very natural IMO. Suped-up Jason Williams except I never thought he looked lost on the field. Blocked 8 kicks in his career.

Trade down in the 4th to pick up a 5th

4th - James Brewer - T - Indiana - 6'6"/330
    - Remember him? He looked like a stud at the combine in notoriously tough pass protection drills. Has health concerns and some question his motor but he is an excellent blocker and has great potential. Long arms and overall good athleticism.

5th - Cedric Thorton - DE - Southern Arkansas - 6'3"/309 - Held up well in double teams at Senior Bowl

5th - Brandon Fusco - C - Slippery Rock - 6'4"/316/ 5.09 40
    - 4 years of experience and a good size/speed/strength ratio.

6th - Alex Henery - K - Deal with it

7th - Anthony Sherman - FB - UCONN - 5'10"/240/4.67 40/ 32 reps - Sick fullback class. I guess if youre going to use one this is the year to get one. This guy paved the way for the super mediocre Donald Brown to get drafted in the 1st round and Jordan Toddman(Who I like) might go R2
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,590 Messages
    1,916 Likes Received
    Good mock, but if they let Hatcher go, they have an extra 2nd ;)
  3. MarionBarberThe4th

11,817 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    Thats right, I forgot they love teh Hatcher and could care less about Spears. Yea, no one is going after him.

Could the new CBA possibly make him an UFA? How many years of meh has he accumulated?
  4. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wait... you want to draft some guy from Slippery Rock? The biggest joke in college football?
  5. MarionBarberThe4th

11,817 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    Our interior O-line is old and there is no potential behind them. Its time to get some bodies in there.
  6. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

1,960 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    My school actually lost to them. :banghead:
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,673 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    I didn't even read the mock yet but I'm on board based on the name of this thread alone.
  8. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

Never say never but you stated you traded down late into the 2nd but still ended up with Wiz?

I dont imagine that would be an option.
  9. MarionBarberThe4th

11,817 Messages
    65 Likes Received

I had 3 sites open to check on everyones grade and Wiz was a R2 in all of them. Having said that I agree with you. Im not sure that hes actually taken mid-late 2 come April.

Pouncey, Cannon, and maybe Hudson can go ahead of him.
  10. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I think we have a legitimate shot at him where we stand in round 2 right now but I suspect that's about as long as he will last.
  11. MarionBarberThe4th

11,817 Messages
    65 Likes Received

Agreed, but since I was fair in trading up for PP I thought no one would bust my balls about stealing a guy 12-14 spots late :p:
  12. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

The Patrick Peterson effect. I like it!:laugh2:
  13. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,417 Messages
    1,462 Likes Received
    It was going to move, then I saw the damned Kicker in the 6th. Love it except for that.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,673 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    lol, we really have to stop talking about "It" around here. :laugh2: :laugh2:
  15. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,553 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I really hate to be the downer, but anyone who expects us to sign both Huff and Clabo is sadly dreaming :( I honestly wonder if we even make a play for either.
  16. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,545 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Tell us how you really feel about drafting a kicker. We all know you want the Cowboys to draft one with the 9th overall pick:laugh2:
  17. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,481 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Good mock I like it