1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Mock V 1.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TheFinisher, Sep 9, 2012.

1. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,477 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    Mock Draft V 1.0 Rounds 1-4

Round 1: T.J. McDonald (6-3, 205) | S | USC

If there's a year to draft a difference maker at the safety position then 2013 is it. A draft that is top-heavy at the position, McDonald is near the cream of the crop, a rangy centerfielder with NFL bloodlines has been groomed over the past 3 seasons by legendary ex-NFL DC Monte Kiffin. While his unique size has drawn comparisons to ex-Trojan Taylor Mays, McDonald is the total opposite in his ability to flip his hips and track the football in the air. A Day 1 starter, T.J. is the FS we have been searching for since the days Woodson retired.

[IMG]

Round 2: Jonathan Cooper (6-3, 310) | C/G | North Carolina

Scouts have been raving about the ability of Cooper, an athletic interior lineman who shares many of the same strengths of our very own Tyron Smith. Cooper possesses elite athleticism, balance and fluidity and projects to either center or guard at the next level.

[IMG]

Round 3: Arthur Brown (6-1, 236) | LB | K-State

Following suit to how Jason Garrett and the FO have been drafting the past few seasons, Brown doesn't necessarily fill a "need" position but he's the definition of RKG and is one hell of a football player... so much so that I couldn't pass on him here even though we look good at ILB with Lee and Carter. Rob is the master of multiple fronts, and a LB with the athleticism and versatility of Brown would be used in a variety of roles.

[IMG]

Round 4: Ray Graham (5-9, 195) | RB | Pittsburgh

Coming off a knee injury a season ago, this could be the pick where reward highly outweighs the risk. Graham is DYNAMIC with the football in his hands, and with Felix Jones probably hitting FA this off-season we could use another back to help shoulder the load for Murray. In the mold of former Pitt greats Tony Dorsett and Shady McCoy, Graham is a threat to score on any given play due to elite vision and acceleration.

[IMG]
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,537 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    I like rounds 2-4 but still think think they take pass rush round one and center round two.
  3. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,543 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    i agree, and i can't see taking a ILB because we have Lemon on the PS who should supplant Dan Connor at some point. If we take a LB I suspect it will be a OLB pass rushing type.
    Like the C/G pick a lot.
    Like the S pick too just that if Sensy, Church, and the new guy keep playing well, S would be a total luxury pick.
    Def agree we pick up a RB. That has to be a close third on our shopping list after passrusher and OL.
  4. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree that they will go pass rush OLB in round and would like to go C round 2 but you can't reach.

Very weak C class.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,537 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    I dunno. Jones, Holmes and Frederick look like upgrades to me.
  6. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm thinking NFL guys will see Jones and Frederick as G's. Maybe I'm wrong? With Frederick.......how many 335 C's do you know of?
  7. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,477 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    I think Holmes just tore his knee on Saturday, but there are still some good options at Center. Couple guys who have experience at both Guard and Center.
  8. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,942 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    Pretty hard to mock anything at this point, but if our safeties do the job this year, we might want to think about going d-line.
  9. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,613 Messages
    2,161 Likes Received
    too early at this stage

needs are

OLB: but what if wilbur shows he can be that guy later in the year

OC: but what if costa can come in and do a good (more than just adequate) Job

Safety: but what if our safeties do a good job the rest of the year

DL: but what if ratliff comes back healthy and tears it up?

if jenkins walks (as he likely will), it might well end up being a CB if we are drafting at the end of round 1

i agree that it is fun to speculate (so i appreciate your ideas) but lets see how it plays out