1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

More CHANGE on the way... Daschle to Become Health and Human Services Secretary

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2008/11/19/daschle-health-human-services-secretary/

Daschle to Become Health and Human Services Secretary
    President-elect Barack Obama is tapping former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle to be the next Health and Human Services secretary.

FOXNews.com

Another notable name is joining Barack Obama's Cabinet -- former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle will be Health and Human Services secretary pending Senate confirmation, FOX News learned Wednesday.

Daschle accepted the offer, according to two Democratic sources close to Daschle and with intimate knowledge of the decision. Daschle had been a longtime adviser on Obama's campaign and served as a frequent surrogate on the campaign trail and in media interviews.

As Health and Human Services chief, Daschle will be responsible for helping set health care policy. He supports a government-funded insurance program for the nation's uninsured.

The former South Dakota senator led the Senate Democrats from 1994 until he lost his re-election bid in 2004. He was minority leader for most of that time, serving as majority leader from May 2001 until January 2003, when Democrats returned to the minority after losing seats in the November 2002 midterm elections.
  2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,120 Messages
    392 Likes Received
    That's a good choice. I'm not the biggest Daschle fan, but that's definitely his area of expertise.
  3. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I guess there is no one that is qualified to hold any positions in the Obama administration who isn't a retread.

So much for CHANGE!

No new blood for you!

No fresh take on policy for us!

Nothing new for anyone just the same old same old.

Ya'll got sold a bill of goods with this cat.
  4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,525 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    And if Obama had appointed newbies the right would have objected that he was filling important positions with inexperienced neophytes. Come on, Obama formulates the overall vision for the country and these people execute the details. And, so far, his appointments all exhibit the quality of knowing the intricacies of the legislative process which will no doubt serve the administration well in their dealings with Congress.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,339 Messages
    4,665 Likes Received
    It would seem to be a change from the likes of W in the idea of putting someone unqualified into a position like he did with Brownie and someone who should never be considered for another position like Harriet.

Every politician uses change as a mantra, change does not mean finding some new person that was never a politician and placing them into a position. Change could just mean change from the last presidencies style.

Then again if McCain would have won maybe some people here would be screaming old boys club, maverick or reform over and over.
  6. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  7. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    So far this joke has appointed nothing but retreads and those who will do business as usual. HE campaigned on change, not me. It's on him to prove he is a man of his word and not lying.

Up till now, he has not done that. More and more he is looking like a puppet of the left as Dachel is one of the most partisan hacks there is for the left.
  8. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,525 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    You laugh but one of the main shortcomings of Bush's second term was the administration's ham-handed dealings with Congress. And you can't dismiss that as left-wing misinformation, either, since many of those who were critical of the administration's attitude toward the legislature were republican congressmen and senators.
  9. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Rinos basically.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

61,339 Messages
    4,665 Likes Received
    And again most politicians run on Change to one degree or another unless they are the incumbant and again when they get in office they appoint the people they like and normally that means some retread politicians that lean the way they do.

In other words, they do change things, but they change it from the past presidential admins ways...but they don't change a great deal because they are politicians like most other politicians.

I didn't vote for either so it is not skin off my back and I expected some of this stuff would happen from BOTH candidates. And if McCain would have won he would be placing similar retread politicians in place just like Obama would and the other side of the aisle in here would be yelling Maverick, Reform, Change blah blah blah as well.
  11. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,065 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Man, lots of change - I'm sorry but this is pathetic. All you lefty's can say what you want, but this man preached his ENTIRE campaign on change, and we're going to shake up the White House and head in a better direction a different direction. And what do we get?

The Clinton's and their friends

It's bad when CNN & fellow Dem's are bringing this forward:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/
  12. BrAinPaiNt

61,339 Messages
    4,665 Likes Received
    More like rats...rats running from a sinking ship.

That happens in a great deal of elections where the incumbent is a lame duck and the political tides are turning.
  13. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Oh I forgot, you are the "Both guys do it" guy.

I see where you are coming from now.

So in your eyes, there should be no criticism since they all do it.

:bang2:
  14. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Didn't happen with Bush's Father when he ran the first time when Regan was a lame duck president.
  15. BrAinPaiNt

61,339 Messages
    4,665 Likes Received
    Not my fault you voted the way you did and it did not work out for you.
    Not my fault others voted for Obama.

And I never said there should be no criticism, I expected it, but I do admit loving seeing you jump around laughing at change change change mantra knowing that W screwed up so much and McCain would be no better when it came to Changing things.

It is people that always vote for the two party system that has helped create this mess IMO.
  16. BrAinPaiNt

61,339 Messages
    4,665 Likes Received
    It did however happen with both Clinton and W.

I never said it happened EVERY time.
  17. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    And it's people who think voting for a non viable candidate thinking they make a difference that gets us the worst of two evils.

So with that, thanks for nothing.

You only criticize people on here for making criticism of Obama by coming in with your lame "the other guy does it" mantra.

With that you give tacit approval of the actions criticized.
  18. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Does anyone who voted for Obama think this was a bad choice?
  19. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Doubtful. He's the messiah and can do no wrong.
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    There are other parties out there they just lack the ability to get their act together. You can't do this by the seat of your pants as they always do. Going out and getting rejects from the primary is not a way of showing you are serious in putting up a candidate. Hell if people did not vote for Paul during the primaries what makes you think many would vote for him in the general election?