1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

More Palin ABC Interview

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Danny White, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    More good stuff.

I think she does an excellent job... the domestic interview was great.

The energy one, I think she did fine, but I think ABC/Gibson edited things or abruptly dropped lines of questioning to fit their agenda on items where she turned the tables and was starting to make Gibson look foolish.

He accuses her of flip-flopping, she denies it and challenges him to produce evidence of what he's accusing her of, and then they move on without having Gibson address this challenge. Then later she seemed ready to really go off on ANWR, but they just drop the line of questioning.

Energy portion of interview:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=5778018&page=1

Her views on family questions, domestic policy, and Hillary Clinton.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=5792443
  2. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    She is great.
  3. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm confused...it's okay for her to defend her right as mayor and governor to get earmarks, but not others? why?

also, about the flip-flopping on the global warming:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/12/politics/animal/main4443795.shtml

"Show me where I have ever said that there's absolute proof that nothing that man has ever conducted or engaged in has had any effect or no effect on climate change. I have not said that," Palin told Charlie Gibson.

Well, what has she said? The AP takes a closer look, and concludes Palin's remarks to ABC are "at odds with her previous statements."

n the past Palin has said she does not believe global warming is caused by human activity. She has told the Internet news site Newsmax, "A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location.... I'm not one, though, who would attribute it to being man-made."In an interview with a Fairbanks newspaper within the last year, Palin said: "I'm not an Al Gore, doom-and-gloom environmentalist blaming the changes in our climate on human activity." ABC cited the interview as being at odds with her statement.
  4. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Her position on earmarks was pretty clear... I'm not sure what you're not seeing.

On global warming, she never claimed to have "proof" she's saying that she doesn't believe that it is necessarily man made but she's not saying that she's certain... that's the distinction. That gives you the right to change as you learn more information.

I'm right there with her... I'm not convinced that global warming exists or that climate change is caused by humans... but I certainly don't say that I have "absolute proof" one way or the other. I'm willing to have an open mind and be convinced by clear, unbiased evidence.

I think the distinction she drew between herself and Gore is pretty telling. Gore and company are convinced they have "absolute proof" whereas Palin is honest enough to know that the issue is still open for debate and discussion and discovery.
  5. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,940 Messages
    356 Likes Received

You obviously hate women of power... why do you hate women of power? Aren't you a woman?

I'm not real sure on her... the Dem machine will find something that gets massive exploitation... doesn't that bother you? That they are seeking to destroy her?

She certainly doesn't threaten me... I want the best for the country we can have (it isn't Hillary)

;)
  6. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Oh stop it Trick. She is NOT a Democrat. ;) She is only voting against McCain cuz she ( dont like Sarah ) and she's sooo afraid McCain will FIX the supreme court.

Like Bush did. You know - its all about RoeVWade.:rolleyes:
  7. VietCowboy

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    you're being really condensing, and I will not respond any further until I receive the respect and deference I deserve as a member of CowboysZone. :p: Until then, i guess off to the ignore list you go. Bye.
  8. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

9,027 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    The people that don't like her think she was a disaster. Those that do like her thinks she was great.

And the world keeps on spinnin. :D
  9. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received

I don't see anywhere in there where she says "there's absolute proof that nothing that man has ever conducted or engaged in has had any effect or no effect on climate change".
  10. VietCowboy

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    if she's not blaming the changes of climate on man (like Al Gore), what is she blaming it on? Is that not proof that she is saying that man is not to blame for changes in climate?

if there was a chance it could be man-made, she wouldn't have said that.
  11. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    No, it's not proof.

But you're gonna believe whatever BS you want to believe ...
  12. trickblue

28,940 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Why is this condescending...
  13. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  14. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,234 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    Natural climate cycles. If global warming is the farce that some 30000 scientists have come out and said then I guess she is saying the natural climate cycle is to blame which means there is little we can do except maybe cause a few volcanos to erupt to blot out the sun to cool things down so alaska doesn't melt. My interpretations of her comments are as follow if it is man made we need to do something about if not then we have live with it and make appropriate changes.
  15. VietCowboy

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    so mocking what I say and my opinions is not condescending? You can disagree with me, that's fine, I've disagreed with several members on this board over several long-winded issues.

You can try to be sarcastic and funny, but if you are in my position, having been ridiculed repeatedly, even to the most innocent comments made, is not funny anymore. It pretty much started with the attack on me when I said I didn't own a car, and that's when my Ignore list started growing.
  16. trickblue

28,940 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    First of all.. I disagree with you... so we have that out of the way...

Let me answer a few things...

I am NOT mocking you...

I have a history... a history of dating minorities...

My wife is a Mexican National, my last girlfriend was as black as the day is long... and OH so hot... (I miss her btw)... :D

My girlfriend before that was from China... a 5'11" dream of a woman... it just didn't work as I couldn't grasp the Mandarin language among other things...

I happen to be a Baptist preacher's kid... let me tell you about discrimination and being crapped on...

I don't know about your car... I don't get this one... but one of mine is a Prius.... damn the Japanese for us getting 50 mph... and damn me for caring about the environment...

You're implication is that I am racist... let's not beat around the bush...

What is your point?

Oh, and what do you drive...
  17. VietCowboy

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    obviously you are not on my ignore list.
  18. trickblue

28,940 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    But I am a conservative...

I think you have some really good posts, and I respect your intellect, but I also think you pigeonhole some of us..

Can we agree to disagree?
  19. VietCowboy

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    yes, we can agree to disagree. I think a lot of people on this board are very passionate about a lot of the issues and whatnot. I know I try my best to believe the worse in Palin and McCain, which is why I don't endear people on here; that's fine. But I don't think worse of anyone because of their opinions or beliefs because at the end of the day we are all Cowboy's fan (I hope Palin and McCain are not Cowboy's fan; although I do respect them). It just sucks for the most part with the assumptions people jump to regarding what I say, even the most mundane stuff. I think a lot of it is due to internet, and lost in translation type stuff, and in general, I sometimes do say frivolous things that add no value to a conversation. This is a learning process for me. Politics is crazy complicated, and this is only my second round voting, and I'm an Independent because there are things on both Dems and Rep's that I don't like, and both can be hypocrites and liars and that's just human nature.

Anyway, I'm not really sure what you mean by pigeonhole? I'll try not to do that in the future.
  20. trickblue

28,940 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Don't believe the worst about Palin...why would you think that way?

You say you want to... but why?

btw... I am going third party...