1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

More Proof Less Romo Is More

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 50cent, Oct 27, 2013.

1. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Just another asinine thread from OP. Change your screen name to 02 cents because none of your drivel are remotely close to 50 cents.
  2. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    And this proves what?
  3. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,032 Messages
    1,155 Likes Received
    you suggested that no team was winning with the type of production we got from the running game.
    You mean to tell me the 1/2 yard per carry more that the saints averaged, that was the difference between a 1 point loss and an 18 point win? This idea that no team wins without a run game anymore is false. I have watched the packers, patriots, saints, giants all do it at different times over the last several years.
  4. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,040 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    One of the most ignorant posts I've read. Romo had a good game despite being under constant pressure. The offense suffered, again, because the can't run the ball. We had the ball twice under 10 minutes with the lead and lost because we can't run out the clock. One first down on those last 2 drives and gameover.
  5. 5Stars

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    It's not really right to compare what one team does in a loss to what one team does in a win. Different game, different locations, different circumstances all together. Who's to say that New Orleans would have beat the Lions today?

You just cannot make those kind of comparisons.
  6. durrrr

durrrr Active Member

719 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Less Romo isn't the solution, it's More Dez.

Romo wasn't very sharp today, but how do you not target Dez for practically an entire half?
  7. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,586 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    This is amazing to me that fans accept 14-30 for a poor 200 yards and 4 takeaways from the defense with a loss and the $100M QB that the gameplan is centered around gets no blame. NONE!! AMAZING!!
  8. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,586 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    I'll agree and disagree. Less romo when Murray (need more carries) is healthy is better but I do agree, when he does pass MORE of them need to be in Dez' direction.
  9. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,947 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    You need to read Bob Strum. You said one accurate deal game plan. I suggest you find his article
  10. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,586 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    W
    What part of my entire argument since the season started don't you understand? It's always been the gameplan with me. I've always said I thought Romo was a championship QB IF the run game was relied upon more and he was put on a pitch count. I also have always contented that you can't blame the run game of you only give you featured back (Murray) less than 20 attempts.

It works hand in hand with preserving a defense that is shaky at times by keeping them off the field as much as possible. Again, romo was given the keys in the gameplan and failed with his 14-30 performance. Strum does nothing for me, I've worked at the top of the food chain and have just as much insight as he does. FACT!!
  11. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,032 Messages
    1,155 Likes Received

Thats a good point. I guess my point is the old belief (not saying you said it) that a running game and defenses are what wins...is not really the case anymore. They CAN make you win..but a prolific passing game can also win games for you.
  12. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

3,046 Messages
    959 Likes Received
    YOu can't be serious? We lost because we went away from our main strength which is passing. We should have passed more rather than give the ball to the likes of J. Randle and Dunbar. Trying to run the ball killed us. You don't run the ball when its not working. Thats obvious. Don't know why the coaches didn't see that earlier.
  13. 5Stars

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    Football is a screwed up game. The Cowboys can toe to toe with Payton and toss out a 48 points. Then the next game, nothing like that! It's just makes me laugh at how this game goes.

But, football is so full of many variables that some think it should look like this...linear.

----------------------- --------- ------------- ------------- ------------ ------------ ------------- --------- SB!

When actually, it's dynamic from second to second like this.

===^^---....------>>>>^^^^,,,,,<<<<<-------------^^------<<<-->>>>. Damn, we lost the game!
  14. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,586 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    Those 3rd down incompletions don't add into the late game stalling equation? Kinda funny a mediocre passing game that was emphasized more than the run isn't the fault or main culprit! Yea blame it on a run game that is an after thought to the coaching staff. We pass more as a team but the run game we neglect is always the excuse. Go figure?!
  15. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    sorry guys it will never happen give me Danny White and lose Jerry

he has put us in cap hell
    it all started with Roy E Williams
    Romo's contract
    Austin contract
    Rat's contract

I thought this was passing league now and we throw for what 66 yards in the first half

rush for 62 yards for the whole game - man Esobar what wasted pick should have drafted Lacy

heck even Reggie Bush rush for more yards then our whole team did

hey JERRY hears a hint you build a team from inside out

that mean a O line and a D line

then you go get your secret sauce - your RB an WR's

an who was talkin about Romo in the Hall of Fame

Bwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  16. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

6,072 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    That and the fact he was getting knocked on his *** just about every time he dropped back to throw, especially in the first half. Romo is the ONLY reason this team hasn't gone 4-12 every year the past five years.
    mahoneybill likes this.
  17. 50cent

50cent Well-Known Member

2,586 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    Were a pathetic as a passing team
    Passing is no where near being our main strength. This same train of thought has us .500. all you have to do is look. Saying passing is our main stregth is like saying vision was Stevie Wonders main strength. THIS MAIN STRENGTH HAS US AT .500! TIME TO OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE ROMO AND THIS MAIN STRENGTH AINT GETTING IT DONE!
  18. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

3,046 Messages
    959 Likes Received
    So tell me what is our main strengths? Running the ball? NO. Defense? NO. Like it our not, passing is our main strength. We are a passing team. Dez Bryant is our best player. If you think were going to win by running then you seriously need a check up.
  19. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,537 Messages
    697 Likes Received

This team never attacks. Oh, how I'd love to see that on Sundays. We got us a bunch of stat padders and lower tier athletes. Especially on offense.
  20. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,537 Messages
    697 Likes Received

Did you read what you posted? How SAD is that? All we got is throwing? CHAMPIONSHIP!!!