1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Morning Pops!

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Sarge, Aug 14, 2009.

1. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,725 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    Morning Pops --Morning Leon "Jason" and all those do gooders and go getters
  2. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,863 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Good morning, Cbz and good morning, Zoners. I spent the weekend shovelling out other people's driveways and I'm a bit stiff and sore today. We've got a neighbour who's sick and not doing well, so I thought I'd go and clear out his driveway. His driveway I larger than I thought. My younger son showed up at the end when we noticed one of our other neighbour's 8 year old son mkaing a valient attempt to clear of his sidewalk. I don't think his parents have shovelled at all this winter, so he was struggling. My son and I got at with him and peeled back several layers of compacted snow. Nice family, but a bit daft about keeping the sidewalks clear. We're also looking after a friend's place while they are away and we went and moved the white stuff off an even bigger driveway. (I gotta get gas for the snowblower:eek:: )

I watched the Baltimore and Atlanta victories and decided to pass on the other games. I feel vindicated in my decisions. Took my wife to see Les Miserables last night. Great movie. My son took me to see the Hobbit on Friday night. Also a great movie. Pipe Band practice tonight. Three weeks until I go away. It can't come soon enough.
    Eskimo, good to hear that your son is on the mend. Look after yourself. My boys are taking me to the Star Wars Experience in Edmonton, but we're going to wait until March. I may go to Tres Carnales when we go. I'm with you on the PVR. Mine gets a good workout.

Everybody here have a great day and take care of the ones around you.:D
    BTW, bob, it's snowing and I can't begin to give an update on the gate. Hunker down.;)
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,231 Messages
    1,319 Likes Received
    Morning Pops. Morning to all of the regulars and to any who might stop in.

Man, busy weekend for us. Seems like it was just none stop. Had to come back to work just to get a break.

Well, it's Monday and another week in front of us. Everybody, have great day!
  4. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,434 Messages
    2,789 Likes Received
    Good Morning to Pops and all the regulars and drop ins. Have a great day. Back on the road today. Time to lose some weight.
  5. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,551 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Morning Cbz and everyone. We got rain this morning, which is good. I love watching the rain fall, plus we need it very badly. Have a good one!
  6. justbob

6,725 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    Morning Pops --Mornin Leon and Crew...Got a roping coming up Phil ,close the gate. I need it warm enough to practice..
  7. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,434 Messages
    2,789 Likes Received
    Good Morning Pops and all. Good luck with the roping Bob. Going to the dentist and then the VA. Had a cold for a couple of weeks. Gotta kill it. Growing old sucks.
  8. Phrozen Phil

3,863 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Good morning, Cbz and the same to all you irregulars here. The weather has done a flip-flop and we're getting Chinook winds up here. It's in the mid 30's here and our cars are getting majorly dirty. We had a bit of freezing rain last night, so driving is "interesting". Everybody work on having a great day.:D
  9. ABQCOWBOY

34,231 Messages
    1,319 Likes Received
    Morning Pops. Morning to all the regulars and to any newcomers.

It blew in yesterday here Phil. Got a little snow but it melted off by 4 PM, which was bad. Temp dropped rapidly and so now we have ice everywhere. Was 9 degrees this morning here. No big deal, just have to watch out for folks who aren't as careful is all.

Everybody, have a great day.

:)
  10. LeonDixson

9,551 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Morning, Cbz. Morning, folks. Have a great day.

Phil, did that wind blow all of your shoveled snow right back onto your driveway and sidewalks. I reported that is was raining yesterday when I got up, but I didn't find out until it got light enough to see outside that we had a layer of snow on the lawns and roofs. Very pretty.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

34,231 Messages
    1,319 Likes Received
    Morning Pops. Morning Leon and good morning to all of the other regulars.

Winter is definitely here. Button up and move forward is all you can do.

Everybody, have a great day!

12. LeonDixson

9,551 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Morning Cbz. Morning, folks. Y'all have a great day and take care.
  13. justbob

6,725 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    Good Morning Pops ---Morning Leon and those who drag in later...
  14. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,660 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Morning Pops and all regulars. Been a few weeks, but started our Annual Texas trip a little early back in the first few days of the new year. Got a call on the 1st that my dad had pneumonia and was in a hospital in Dallas, so we headed that way. Long story short, the pneumonia got better but they found out he needed, on the advice of one doc, a quad bypass. We got a second opinion from a cardio man who will be moving to Atlanta to head up one of the major coronary departments at Emory, who recommended a special stent procedure would be better due to his age. He went thru that with flying colors and is doing great now.
    We have since relocated to the Crockett, Texas area for a week or so, then on to San Antonio, and then back home to the Georgia mountains, all the while keeping a close eye on my dad. Funny, we usually come this way to escape the cold for a little bit, but seems its 30 degrees warmer back home.
    Have a safe day,all!
  15. Phrozen Phil

3,863 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Good morning, Cbz and good morning, Zoners. No snow today, but we got a sprinkle last night. I took the dog out for a walk while the snow came down. When there's no wind, it is incredibly pretty, but I have seen plaenty of the white stuff this year. Only 24 days until vacation.
    Ologan, good luck with your dad. As one who's had cardiac surgery, I continue to be amazed at the constantly developing technology that is happening.

hopefully the weather will improve for you folks in Texas and I hope that you get the rain hen you need it and the sun when golf calls. Have a great day, everyone.:D
  16. ABQCOWBOY

34,231 Messages
    1,319 Likes Received
    Afternoon Pops. Afternoon all.

Kinda got sidetracked this morning but I'm here now.

Ologan, great news about your Father. I am glad that it is working out. Enjoy the rest of your trip. I take it you live in Northern Georgia?

Have a great day all.

17. LeonDixson

9,551 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    ologan, if you are going to be near Granbury, TX (about 40 miles south of Ft. Worth) I'd love to meet you.
  18. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,660 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Thanks,Leon! Don't know if we'll get back that way, but who knows on this whirlwind trip. If it looks like we'll be close, I'll sure give you a shout out on the board. I will make plans to bring my golf clubs the next time,though!
  19. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,660 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Far Northeast Georgia. About as far NE as you can go in Georgia, about 9 miles from N. Carolina and 7 miles from S. Carolina, in the Southern Appalachians/ Blue Ridge mountains.
  20. LeonDixson

9,551 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Morning, Cbz and all you great folks out there. TGIF! Have a great day.