1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Morris Claiborne to play

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by iceberg, Dec 20, 2012.

1. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,339 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
    Per DC.com.
  2. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    excellent news. We need all the secondary help we can get this week.
  3. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,061 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    Yes we do. I was wondering if anybody watched the all 22 film from last week? It seemed like Mo's replacements were getting exploited less than he has been this year.
  4. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Mo has been decent this year. I don't think he'll be in the running for the all rookie team or anything. I'm hopeful he'll make a big 2nd year jump.

I've come to the grips with the fact that he isn't going to be a Deion / Woodson / Bailey / Revis type -- despite the fact that Cowboys floated their view after they drafted him that he was the best CB prospect than Deion.

I think he can be a Pro-Bowler. I think the comparisons made during the draft to Joe Hayden (the top CB drafted in 2010) were pretty accurate.
  5. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 Well-Known Member

1,485 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Great, Let's hope he is ready for a true test of his ability! NOW is the time to step up ROOKIE!!
  6. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    IRVING, Texas -- The first injury report of the week had some good news involving the secondary.

Cornerback Morris Claiborne was a full participant in practice on Wednesday.

Safety Charlie Peprah (foot) was also a full participant in practice on Wednesday and got work with the first-team defense.

Linebacker Ernie Sims (concussion) didn't practice but passed a concussion test. He has to undergo another one on Thursday.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...s-claiborne-is-a-full-participant-in-practice
  7. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,253 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    Good news, indeed. :)
  8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,422 Messages
    5,973 Likes Received
    all hands on deck. :bow:
  9. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,755 Messages
    626 Likes Received
    you know I am really surprised by it. I studied both Patrick Peterson and Claiborne and I was convinced Claiborne would be the better pro CB. I think I was wrong. Even though Peterson also didn't have a great rookie season he had moments of 'wow' that guy can be special. I haven't seen any of those moments with Mo...just looks steady. Its unfortunate for Dallas because they needed impact from that high of a pick. I still think Mo can improve but its his lack of aggressiveness that has me leaning on Peterson being the much better pro player.
  10. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Please show me a Sensabaugh Peprah safety pairing! Get McCray OUT
  11. MissouriCowboy

MissouriCowboy Well-Known Member

1,264 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    I agree. Peprah would be great. Get MCcRAY OUT OF THERE.
  12. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,358 Messages
    723 Likes Received
    Peterson also had a bunch of, as Warren Saap so eloquently puts it, "C'mon Man!" moments in his rookie season. Claiborne hasn't really had that and I fully expect him to come on as the absolute #1 corner next season. He's going to be a special player for us.
  13. MissouriCowboy

1,264 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Agree. Claiborne has played pretty fair while at a learning curve. I am not to worried about him.
  14. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,525 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    Below is a link to a thread from some stats I pulled in the offseason covering what expectations should be for a first round rookie corner. Mo has been what we should expect and there's been nothing in his play that suggests he won't develop into a star.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallascowboys.php?t=238668
  15. MissouriCowboy

1,264 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Nation good link there. Thanks.
  16. perrykemp

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
  17. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,755 Messages
    626 Likes Received
    personally I don't see it. I see him maybe having a Newman career but I never considered Newman to be star. Steady is word I would use to describe Claiborne. I haven't seen anything dynamic like I saw in Peterson last year and more so this year as CB. Mo came into the league more timid than Peterson and its translating on field. I always felt you only make that trade up in draft if a player is dynamic.
  18. perrykemp

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    I think Claiborne can be a Pro-bowler, however, The one thing I haven't seen any evidence of is elite athleticism. I guess I am saying his ceiling is a bit lower than somebody like Peterson.
  19. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,525 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    He's had Ups to go with his Downs and between that and his pedigree that should be solid assurance.

Peterson was horrific as a cornerback last year. He was a dynamic returner, but Mo has outplayed him big time as far as cornerback play in a rookie season.
  20. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Hallelujah! :beatit: