1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Most Respected Mock Draft Sites/Experts?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by robert70x7, Feb 3, 2012.

1. robert70x7

robert70x7 Active Member

1,055 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    What sites and experts do you use for your mock drafts? I know Rick Gosselin of the DMN is one of the best in the country, but he tends to wait to release his first round until right up into the draft.

I would like to get a list of respected/reliable experts and sites so I can start collecting some data.

Off the top of my head, McShay and Kiper are my two favorite because of all the resources at their disposal. Sometimes I like Walter, sometimes I don't.

Who do you use/recommend?
  2. mickswag

mickswag Active Member

213 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I prefer Mayock over McShay and Kiper, but that's just a personal preference. They all do a good job of scouting and making assessments and all that good stuff. And you're right about Gosselin.
  3. dantheman41

dantheman41 Active Member

719 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    I agree about mayock. He's really good. He isn't afraid to stray from common belief. Heard a lot of people around league don't respect mcShay. Some say he's a jerk and dont share any info w him
  4. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,958 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    Rick Gosselin nows less than squat about the college game and its pro prospects.
    All he does(which is great), is make some phone calls and get info.
    If you asked him right now the top 100 the guy wouldnt have any more oidea than you or I.
    Until draft day he wont give any valuable insight AT ALL.

That being said i like Mike Mayock and the NFP and CBS sites for info.
  5. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mayock is a space alien who people gravitate to because he speaks with an authoratative tone. As far as substance I don't find him any better than Kiper or McShay.

I like CBSsportsline and Wes Bunting.
  6. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,900 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    I would also suggest draftcountdown.com. They don't update their mock that often at this point, but some good insight on prospects as the draft nears.
  7. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,147 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Stay away from McShay
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,393 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Like Mayock and Bunting.
  9. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,154 Messages
    2,785 Likes Received
  10. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,067 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Drew Boylhart at thehuddlereport.com is where I get my draft analysis. He not good with mock drafts. But, as a player analyst, he's the best IMO.