1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Mr. T dumps the bling

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Yeagermeister, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,595 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Mr T. Dumps the Bling

The A-Team actor, real name Lawrence Teto, is a devout Christian and felt it was selfish to display his wealth after witnessing the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina on the Gulf Coast last year.
    Friday, July 14, 2006
    Mr. T Sheds Gold After Katrina Destruction

Former The A-Team star Mr. T has dumped his medallions and gold jewelry after witnessing the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina on the Gulf Coast last year.

The actor, real name Lawrence Teto, is a devout Christian and felt it was selfish to display his wealth when so many people were left without a roof over their heads.

He explains, "As a spiritual man, I felt it would be a sin against my God for me to wear all that gold again because I spent a lot of time with the less fortunate.

"I saw some, I call it 'sorry celebrities'. They'll go down there and hook up with the people to take a photo-op.

"I said, 'How disgusting.' If you're not going to go down there with a check and a hammer and a nail to help the people, don't go down there."

Photo Copyright Getty Images

2. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mr. T without the bling? This must be a sign of the apocalypse. :eek: