1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Murray may be key to winning Sunday night...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,111 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    I know that we have to play a really good game to win Sunday night but I feel that if we get Murray going it will be key in beating Washington. Its seems whenever Murray makes some good runs, Garrett decides to start passing on every down, getting us in 3rd and long situations. I know yesterday Murray made some good runs and after that we threw the ball on all three downs and this was before the fumble?? I don't get it. I know the league is going to a passing league but if Murray can get going, feed him the ball, control the clock, and keep Griffen on the bench.....
  2. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,792 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    I couldn't agree more we need too feed the beast, it showed we needed him thanksgiving
  3. Arkyvarminter

1,111 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    I know its a given that a good running game will help us but my point in the original post is Garrett seems to get away from running when its working?
  4. DTK

DTK Member

681 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The key is stopping their run game and making their offense one dimensional. Unfortunately, I don't think our banged up defense can do that.
  5. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

803 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    This is an understatement. Murray has to have a very good run game and ball protection as well. The only way we win this game is if we have some ball controlling drives that end up with points at the end of each drive because they are going to riddle our D. A few 3 and out's by our offense and we'll be seeing the first half of the thanksgiving game all over again.
  6. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,915 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    He is one of the key players but I think play of Austin/Harris may be more important .

Witten and Dez will be doubled and they will dare us to beat them with rest of the receivers.
  7. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The key is Tony Romo like it's always been. He has to continue to play lights out and hope we make enough stops in the end to win a shoot out.

Lucky for us Rg3 is hobbled with a bumb knee. I'll take that any day of the week.
  8. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,856 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    Just put it all on Tony, he is our best player, go with an up tempo/hurry up offense until we are ahead by more than 2 scores.
  9. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Murray cost us the game yesterday with that fumble. :bang2:
  10. Arkyvarminter

1,111 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    Romo is without a doubt the most important piece of the puzzle but why not let Murray run and take some of the load off Romo, if its working? Garrett won't run Murray enough when he's getting good yards on every carry...
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,881 Messages
    7,621 Likes Received
    It was a back-breaker.
  12. 30yrheel

30yrheel Well-Known Member

2,726 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    our only chance. let tony and dez have a chance to win, the run game is a waste of time.
  13. Falcon554

Falcon554 Benched

1,187 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Someone tell me why Murray is so great? Have not seen it at all this year, now that rb in Seattle is a different story
  14. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,630 Messages
    515 Likes Received
    Agree with the doubling of Dez/Witten. Other guys must step up.

I'd be careful and not fall into the trap of feeding Murray too much as that is the strength of the Skins D. Keep Murray involved but don't let the porous Skins pass defense off the hook either.
  15. Falcon554

Falcon554 Benched

1,187 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Wow just looked up his stats, 587 and 4tds. That's horrible, he had 1/2 of that in one game last year. Time to draft another Rb, one that can stay healthy
  16. Arkyvarminter

1,111 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    Calvin Johnson only has 5 td's so I guess he's horrible too. Look, Murray has had a few injuries and is playing injured. They guy is a good back and can't easily be replaced. When healthy, he is a beast.
  17. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,889 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    he does. Garrett is andy reid jr. Heck andy reid might run the ball more than garrett lol.
  18. Falcon554

Falcon554 Benched

1,187 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Beast? I think not, he may be ok but he is no AP, not even close
  19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    I just wish we would go to a hurry up offense and not even make a game of this.
  20. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,744 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    He sure as hell hasn't been the past 2 weeks.

He's hindered this team and put them in bad position.

We lose yesterday's game because of him