1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My Final Alternative Mocks

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RSM94, Apr 20, 2012.

1. RSM94

RSM94 Member

59 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I hope the Boys go heavy on D with a good DL prospect (Cox preferably) in the first round. If they manage to trade down and pick up another 3rd round pick and still pick up Brockers, Poe or even Barron, that could also be good. There are many quality players available in the 3rd round. I think they need to draft at least 2 CBs for the following reasons: 1) Mike Jenkins gets hurt, 2) He will be too expensive to keep after the season is over so the Boys need his future replacement now, 3) We need nickel and dime CBs unless we want to re-sign JAGs like Ball and Walker ;) and 4) This draft is deep in CBs. I see the CB picks like T. Johnson and R. Brooks as safeties who can cover. I don't really think that the Boys need to waste draft picks on TEs, WRs, RBs, or QBs.....
  2. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,044 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    I think it is time to let Cox go, it seems clear he is not going to be available and more likely to see Coples. I must say a good draft in the first must also involve DDeCastro not my first choice but keeps this draft from being stale. I like all of you alternate picks if Zeitler is unavailable not sure I agree with more than two CB's in the first five rds but after the second who knows what can happen. I also predict there will be a run on WR's in the second rd which will really throw a wrench into the pile. IMO we can get a couple of starters out of this years draft and maybe three without any fancy trading.
  3. RSM94

RSM94 Member

59 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Yes....that second draft is not bad....provides depth at ILB and OLB as well. We could probably use one more ILB. The first draft has 4 CBs but two of them are safeties IMO. We do need safeties who can cover plus a potential starter out of them when if/when Brodney Pool leaves. Our backup safeties right now are big hit-no cover guys. Pool has had some injury problems in recent years too. Your draft is pretty good too....I would take one WR max....TY Hilton has speed but I've read his hands are so-so....although the scouting reports are conflicting.....