1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My final mocking before the real thing.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by DezBRomo9, Apr 27, 2011.

1. DezBRomo9

DezBRomo9 Formerly joshjwc9 Zone Supporter

1,593 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    9. Tyron Smith OT USC
    I think Peterson will end up going top 3. The only 3 other guys I would be happy with at 9 are Smith, PP, Dareus and Fairley, and I think all of them will be picked save for Smith before we trade down. Gives us flexibility to dump both Barron and Columbo and try to develop Young as well. Smith becomes Free's backup LT and Young would be a RT only.

40. Dallas trades #40 to the Panthers for #65, #166 and next years 4th rounder.

65. Will Rackley OG Lehigh
    Will help us from day one by letting us cut Bigg and insert Holland in and develop Rackley to take over at a G spot in the long run.

71. Brandon Burton CB Utah
    I really like Burton's jamming ability, something Rob Ryan will be running a lot of now with our CB's, no more vanilla 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 6. Burton can succeed in the NFL and become a much better player than his round selection might be. I like him better than most, including Jimmy Smith, Dowling and Curtis Brown.

110. Mark Herzlich LB Boston College
    He is a prime example of the hard working, high character blue collar guy Garrett wants, and he can step into Bradie James' spot in two years from now. He is smart, can tackle, he just doesn't run the 40 in under a 4.55. Might be a little stiff, but his intangibles will keep him around the ball all the time.

143. Pernell McPhee DE Mississippi State
    Our developmental 3-4 DE to take Hatcher's spot on the roster. Can be a good replacement for Olshansky next year too. Isn't a great pass rusher, but can make plays against the run. Another lunch pail guy who will work to improve.

166. Derrick Lock RB Kentucky
    We all want the slasher slot WR, but I think he is the next best thing. He can spell Dez on kick returns and be a little scatback after Barber is cut. Choice can become a good short yardage guy to take Barber's spot. Could eventually become the Sproles to Felix in the long run. Was a 3 year starter, but needs help in his pass blocking.

176. Aldrick Robinson WR SMU
    Crap, I spoke too soon. Here is a quick slot guy who can pick up snaps as a return man too. But he can catch the ball and had a very productive college career. Becomes the no. 5 WR behind Miles, Roy, Dez, and Ogletree.

220. Keith Williams G Nebraska
    Might be a good fit? Don't know too much about late round Olineman after what the mags have to say.

252. Josh Gatlin CB North Dakota State
    Has prototypical size and sub 4.4 speed. Picked off 5 passes his senior year. Small school project, but could develop into a press corner in time.

My mock considers us resigning Bowen, Free, Kosier and Sensabaugh. We also sign Huff to a FA deal.