1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My I Never Mock, Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Sam I Am, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I didn't watch much college football this season and when you get deep into the draft, I wasn't even sure who most people were. This mock is based on things I've read and SDogo's Prospect List: Cowboy Tracker thread. (if the Cowboys have already shown interest, this odd are pretty good)

I didn't bother with trades or supplemental picks as I don't know what they are. I got the actual draft pick numbers from Hostile's draft order thread.

So, this mock would never happen without the help of Hostile, SDogo, and all you other guys posting prospect info here.

Thumbs up to you guys. :thumbup:

1. #14 Melvin Ingram OLB, South Carolina
    2. #45 Coby Fleener TE, Stanford. (this should piss a few people off)
    3. #81 Brandon Brooks OG, Miami (Ohio)
    4. #112 Ryan Broyles WR, OU
    5. #143 Philip Blake C, Baylor
    6. #174 Harold Robertson DT, William & Mary
    7. #205 Brian Peters S, Northwestern

Notes about the above picks:

1. DeCastro might be there and the Cowboys could take him. He is probably BPA, but I think the Cowboys also really want a talented OLB and I think Ingram is one of if not the best choice in the draft.
    2. Yep, another TE in the second round. Though I think this guy is a Jason Witten starter kit. Though I worry about his injuries. (which is in-line with the last two years of second round picks!)
    3. Not much to say about Brooks. He is big strong I think he would be a great pickup and address OG position. I do think they make him slim down from his current 346lbs.
    4. Ryan Broyle. Our slot reciever of the future. I like this kid. He is quick and a polished router runner already.
    5. Cowboys address our Center needs. The guy is thick and hard to move. He has some mobility also. He he of high character. (A Garrett man)
    6. Cowboys address the dline.
    7. Cowboys address the safety position with Peters a big safety who can not only cover big TEs, he can play as one too.
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Outside of Ingram I would be very happy with this haul. It's hard for me to to be totally down on the Ingram pick, at one time very early I may have been his biggest supporter.

I love, love, love...........Fleener in Round 2. It's one of the top 3 things I pray falls that way in this draft for Dallas.

Brooks in the 3rd, great pick, likely won't be there because he will over drafted.

Ryan Broyles is a safe pick for Dallas. The only question being where his value lies with the rest of the league. This is one pick I'm pretty confident in as long as someone else does feel that have to reach to early to make it happen. I'm hearing Dallas may even take a shot in the 3rd which when you think about it makes sense. Where do they typically take the falling prospect or the shot on the injured guy?

Blake you can't go wrong, yes he is 27 but at that point in the draft......why not.

Robertson is one of my pet cat, small school sleepers. Might see limited time year 1 but this is a pick where patience will pay off. Very high ceiling.

Brian Peters is a good catch, very under the radar, heady type player.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,627 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    That's a very good mock.

Not a great fan of Ingram, but I could live with him.

Love rds. 2-4.
  4. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Talk to me! You obviously know something I don't! (which isn't hard even if it weren't you saying it!) :laugh2:

Though I did note in the draft notes that I think DeCastro might be there and would be the BPA. I'm not really sure you can pass on him. Especially when Guard is a need. I think someone noted that while guard isn't a major position for a team, when you have one of the best guards in the league it can make a HUGE difference. DeCastro will probably be one of the best in the league.
  5. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    At some point today I'll explain. I'm feeling a little (actually a lot) under the weather today. I'm in and out of bed but I'll get to explaining myself. lol
  6. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Weird, so am I. Been throwing up all night.
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,744 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    You were right. I'm pissed off! :laugh2:

Nice Mock, especially if Blake is there in the 5th.
  8. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I don't know about down your way but there is a stomach flu running rampant in Upstate South Carolina. Combine that with the allergy issue and pollen in the air right now and I'm a mess.:mad:
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,041 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    Still wonder where Ingram plays (what is the guy at the next level). Pretty much like it though.
  10. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,010 Messages
    3,716 Likes Received
    Nice Mock!

I can live with Ingram at #14, but would prefer a trade-down.

Blake is my preferred Center for the Boys in this draft. I don't care about age for a 4th or 5th round pick.

Excellent below the radar pick in Robertson! That guy is a relentless tackling machine.

Another good late pick with Peters. That guy gets his hands on a lot of footballs.
  11. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,399 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I have seen a couple of mocks with Fleener actually going in the 1st rnd
  12. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,545 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    That is no excuse you two. I mean Michael Jordan played with a 102 degree temp. and had to have IV in the NBA championship game against Utah. We need your inside information so suck it up. Just kidding.:laugh2: I hope both of you guys feel better. We will survive, I hope.
  13. egn22

egn22 Active Member

817 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    nice mock. you and me are in the same boat, i don't really watch college football (no time) but I'm obsessed w/ the draft coverage and reading up on players.
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,354 Messages
    1,860 Likes Received
    I like it all...even including Ingram to some degree. Especially if some of my favs are gone by 14. Ingram won't be there at 14 though.

I'm a little hesitant to burn a 2nd on a TE, Fleener would be great. if i could get Orson Charles in the 3rd I'd be fine with that too.
    I'm also hesistant to use a 4th on a WR. We have so many needs. Broyles could maybe be had in the 5th, imo.