1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My Ideal Mock 2.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by a_minimalist, Apr 3, 2012.

1. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    1st Round - Stephon Gilmore - CB
    2nd Round - Peter Konz - C
    2nd Round - Bruce Irvin - OLB
    4th Round - Greg Childs - WR
    4th Round - Ron Brooks - CB
    5th Round - Ryan Broyles - WR
    6th Round - TJ Barnes - DT
    7th Round - Nick Provo - TE

Trade Jenkins and our 3rd round pick for an early additional 2nd rounder.
  2. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Konz is the only O-line depth we were able to manage with all those picks? 2 WRs? I'm not sure I understand.
  3. a_minimalist

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I don't think Dez is a #1 receiver and I think Miles is a #3. Signing Bearnadeau and Livings provides average depth and drafting Konz, with Tyron Smith already there, provides a much stronger O-Line. I chose based on BPA for each round and not on need. Those receivers seem to be extremely strong options. Also, I would have preferred to have another defensive player, preferably a DT or DE, but I didn't read about one that I thought was a stand out player.
  4. a_minimalist

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    The websites I used were Drafttek, Sideline Scouting, and Draft Insider. And the first 3 - 4 picks I've read about and compared them with other players for the past few months.

I don't like the idea of drafting where you need someone. So you should waste a draft pick on someone who is okay at their position because you need them? I'd rather draft someone with a whole lot of potential to be an impact player.
  5. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,290 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Jenkins cannot be traded.
  6. a_minimalist

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
  7. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,290 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    He's injured and cannot pass a physical until late summer, at the earliest. No GM will accept a trade with a player under this circumstance.
  8. a_minimalist

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Oh okay, I didn't know that was in ink.
  9. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,290 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Not in ink, just common sense. Worst case scenario, you trade for Jenkins and his shoulder never heals. GMs will never take that risk, as remote as it may be.
  10. a_minimalist

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I'm following you. I was mainly referring to the healing time.
  11. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,110 Messages
    39 Likes Received

Forget that part, even though it's obvious. The biggest reason is that the team's insurance policy holder won't take him. That's why players take physicals no matter if they're healthy or not. Any team taking Jenkins would have to assume the risk until he can pass the physical and it's allowed to be put under the team's coverage. It " shouldn't " be a big deal because Jenkins injury is not career threatening, but he's not an All Pro that teams would be willing to take that risk anyways.
  12. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,290 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    No problem.
  13. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,290 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Insurance issues would be a good legal reason, but no GM is going to accept a player coming off major surgery w/o a clean bill of health, All Pro or not. The downside likely means your job.
  14. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,110 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    That depends on the situation and the player. If it's a common football injury that players normally recover from, the price is right, and the player is worth it, they'd probably take the gamble, but those are alot of " ifs ". In a scenario like the one proposed with Jenkins, it's not that big of a deal because they're talking about moving down in the draft as oppossed to dealing the pick outright. It's not necessarily a job killer. Still, even if Jenkins was healthy, I doubt they'd do it anyways, so is a moot point.