1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My initial reaction.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Randy White, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I mean to watch him specifically. That is what was said.

We get it, you don't like the pick.
  2. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,095 Messages
    32 Likes Received

I agree with the wear and tear, I don't know about the " highly regarded " part. I hear ya about Jerrah but all Cowboys fans should know how to filter and decipher his encrypted messages by now.. It took a few years at the begining during the 90's ( especially after Jimmah Jenius ), but the decoder ring should be fully functional by this time.
  3. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,095 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Apparently you don't get it. Not being " thrilled " with it ( and that's mostly with the selection he was picked with, not the player himself ), does not mean " not like it ".. Oh, and it's very interesting that they had a scout in every game " specifically for him " but as of December he wasn't rated as a top 10 pick by them.

In reality, the Cowboys might have had a scout in every USC game but I guarantee you it wasn't " specifically for him ". No scout " specifically " does work on just one player for an entire year.
  4. SMCowboy

SMCowboy Active Member

1,407 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    While no scout goes specifically just for one guy, teams most certainly do send scouts for the main purpose of looking at one guy. And the word has been for a while that Dallas had a scout at every one of his games with his main goal being to watch Tyron Smith....

And how do we know that Dallas didn't have Tyron Smith as a top 10 pick in December? Because Jerry said so before the draft? Have you still not learned to NEVER believe anything Jerry Jones says before the draft....

I have no idea where the Cowboys viewed Tyron Smith in December, and the truth is you don't really know either. But, the fact that we had a scout at all of his games this year, with his main job to scout Tyron Smith certainly gives the impression that he was very high on their board from the beginning....