1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

My Problem with McCain

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Viper, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm a McCain/Palin supporter or should I say a Palin/McCain supporter. With that said, I do try to be honest with myself. Trying not to drink the cool-aid our politicians feed us. I don't look at Obama and think everything about him is bad, he isn't Satan in my eyes. I do disagree with some of his main ideas about America, that is why I won't vote for him.

On to John!!!

McCain, you told me you would expose the pork...yet you sign the biggest bailout in the history of the U.S. John, it is filled with PORK. The same pork you have been telling me you would expose! When will you drop names John, remember your promised? What happened John? When do you expose that pork? When do you tell me who was abusing they system?

Yeah John, I know our financial system is in a crisis. If this was so, why not just focus on solving the problem. Why put all this crap in a bailout bill? The problem in Washington is the pork, the spending, the lobbyist. This was your biggest promise to me, John you failed! When will Washington live within thier means?
  2. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He definitely lost some ground there.
    I wrote his campaign a letter letting him know my displeasure with his vote.
    The thought on both sides was to gain the presidency and avoid an economic meltdown.
    My bet is that the bailout is not gonna work,because all we are doing is just staying the course,doing the same non sense that got us here.
    The real solution was to let the market correct itself,and of course,prosecute those who fraudulently enriched themselves.
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,851 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    Someone who gets it.
  4. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The history of banking and credit crises in other countries would suggest otherwise. The thing about letting the market direct itself is that to operate correctly the players in the market must act with rational self interest. This doesn't happen as individuals and corporations often look for short term results without taking long term effects into consideration. Now the same problems can crop up with over regulation, but in a case like this, where the economy is in the balance it's best to go with the safe bet.

I don't like the bailout and I don't like all the pork that was put into it, but I do believe it was in the best interest of the economy to get something passed. Yes 700 billion is a ton of money, it's equal to the 16th largest national economy in the world. That sucks, but I think 20 years from now we'll look back at this and realize that, at the time, it was the proper course of action.
  5. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think John McCain was a little fearful that Barack Obama could use a no vote as a weapon against him as far as the Economy is concerned.

However, its seems that alot of Americans were against this package and they certainly let their congressmen/women know about it before the final votes were casts.

Since Barack Obama voted for it as well, neither can use it as political weapon.

Also, most of the Wall St. hacks and financial experts say that the effects of the bailout may not become evident until early next year. So maybe John McCain felt he could vote yes because in reality nobody could actually claim that the bailout hasn't worked during the final stretch of the campaign and use it against him.

I personally think he could have won a ton of points with Americans in general by voting no, but I think the fear of Barack Obama pointing to a no vote and saying John McCain doesn't want to help the Economy was a little bit more frightening.
  6. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think long term too,and I stand by my point.
    This was man made.
    This is the result of irresponsible lending.
    There are 2 things in life that you can not cheat.
    Math and time.
  7. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe I could have swollowed this pill if they would have not rushed it through like they did. Was this really the best plan out there? What has me angry though...it's the pork. Seriously, why did we need to throw all of it in there.

It defeats the whole purpose of the bail out. All of the pork is the reason for the bail out. It's like if I buy a car that I can afford for 20 thousand, the salesman and I start adding onto that car. It's a 30 thousand dollar car now, one that I can't afford.

Here we have a bail out that we can't afford, we throw in a bunch of candy?:confused: