1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Featured My thoughts post Eagles game

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Oct 20, 2013.

1. BigDPlayer

BigDPlayer Active Member

538 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    To me it isn't so much the 3-4 as it is press coverage. Our system must be more timing based because we cannot seem to handle tight press coverage.
  2. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    You didn't mention it Latin, but one of my main thoughts about this game was how TERRIBLE the officiating was. I mean, if we had lost this game, i'd be livid. Dez specifically got molested all game long.

..and how in the hell Earl Wolfe didn't get a personal foul for that helmet to helmet hit is beyond comprehension with how often they are calling that crap now.
  3. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Not to mention the ball off of Avant in the 3rd quarter should have been an INT to Wilcox.
  4. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

721 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    I still believe that was a clean hit. The defender did not lead with the crown of his helmet, he had his head turned sideways. And almost all of his helmet hit chest, not helmet to helmet. I dunno, maybe I need to see it again but I thought that was a clean hard hit
  5. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

2,373 Messages
    811 Likes Received
    Hahahahahahaha ridiculous
  6. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Not trying to be rude.. but i would agree you need to see it again. I had the luxury of DVR to watch it, but you could see even on the game replay that it was def. helmet to helmet.
    Corso likes this.
  7. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

721 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    The very top of his helmet hits the very bottom of Dez's helmet. Is that a penalty? I guess. But at full speed that's a really tough call. The refs don't get the luxury of DVR. Now, I'm defending them on that single play, beyond that they were utter trash especially on that no call when that guy jumped on Tony.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,997 Messages
    7,743 Likes Received
    Dude is 'near retirement' now? Lol.
  9. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    The crown of his helmet hits Dez helmet first contact.. that's a clear helmet to helmet. I'm more against these stupid new rules than anyone.. but if its going to be called for everyone else, than it better be called for us too.
  10. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,604 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    That's right giggles, 2-3 yrs and he's gone.
  11. Idgit

31,997 Messages
    7,743 Likes Received
    3 years is not 'near' in NFL terms. It's almost an entire average NFL career. It's also not clear by any stretch that 3 years is the actual number. You're exaggerating in order to make yourself feel worse for some reason.
  12. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,998 Messages
    2,026 Likes Received
    yeah it was really bad. Dez was held and hit all day. I didnt expect any different in philly. Seems they get alot of calls not only against Dallas but against everybody else.
  13. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,604 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    Ha. Apparently you're willing to bend over backwards and embarrass yourself just to engage me,,, how long have I been living rent-free in your head? Since the OL debacle? :)
  14. Idgit

31,997 Messages
    7,743 Likes Received
    This is an off-base and weirdly personal reaction to my pointing out that the QB we just extended to a $100M dollar deal prior to the season is not, in fact, nearing retirement.

It's ok to just say you overstated things a bit in order to make a negative point.
  15. Airbag

Airbag Active Member Zone Supporter

251 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    I think he looks uncomfortable because there is a good chance someone is going to get a free run at him and he has about .61 seconds to get rid of the ball. I think our OL needs to do a better job of recognizing the blitz. They didn't do a very good job of that yesterday.
  16. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,286 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    what people fail to realize that against the Redskins and Eagle Romo's games have always been erratic. That happens especially in division rivalry games.
    Smith22 and MrMom like this.
  17. romothesavior

romothesavior Well-Known Member

874 Messages
    555 Likes Received
    Romo is near retirement... right after signing a huge contract extension? He's in decline... in what is arguably his best season ever?

Cowboys fans are a riot sometimes. As Idgit said, you guys are, seriously, unbelievable.
    Idgit likes this.
  18. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,149 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    Not agreeing or disagreeing, just find it funny that you are surprised when posters disagree with your opinion of Romo, .. after seeing your avatar and username. LOL
  19. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,626 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    User name aside its completely assinine for someone to say he has a couple years left, near retirement, etc. Nobody is that ignorant, just saying it to rile up romo supporters. Brady and Manning in their late 30s and still elite, so stop it. He will be starting the '17 season so just deal with it.
    Idgit likes this.
  20. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,285 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received

We bet crap teams with Ware .... and we beat crap teams WITHOUT Ware.
    We lost to good teams with Ware.

I don't get your post/point?