1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

myron rolle

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by rkell87, Aug 10, 2009.

1. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    this guy was BA on the field and will prolly score a 50 on the wonderlic but has taken a year off to study at oxford on the rhodes scholarship.

anybody know what round he projects next year? if he falls far enough do we take him?
  2. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,170 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    never really impressed me on the field.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,652 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    Give me an OL (any OL) that can actually play.
  4. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    IMO first draft pick should be a LT

whether it be at 10 or 32
  5. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I actually just listened to a radio interview with Myron Rolle a few days ago. He said that the NFL Draft Advisory Board had told him that he would most likely have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
  6. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Hes not an elite prospect IMO.

Plus hes not like a Dawkins kind of personality. He said he might play out his rookie contract and thats it. Retire in his late 20's.

Anthony Davis is our guy. LT/RT/G
    Massive brawler still getting bigger and better.
  7. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,809 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    based on the preseason prospects, i am not too gung ho about the crop of LTs, much less tackles in general.

Now there are a handful of guards who look quite promising.
  8. rkell87

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    really just his rookie contract? seems that should drop him past the 3rd round. ive seen him play a few times and he stood out each time albiet on a mediocre team.

i guess he's gifted enough to do whatever he wants i know he aleady has the myron rolle foundation...at least you know he is a driven and motivated young man, i doubt he has ever done anything half *** in his life
  9. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    In the interview that I recently heard, he said that playing in the NFL has always been his life long dream. With that in mind, I doubt he would just call it quits after 4 years. He said that the chance to study at Oxford was just a once in a lifetime thing that he couldn't pass up.
  10. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,170 Messages
    334 Likes Received

I agree, there are several I think could start if we can get a good LG to play next to them.
  11. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,777 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    I like Myron Rolle but I'm not sure that he's guaranteed better than MIke Hamlin. I know he could get drafted higher than Hamlin did but there isn't a huge gap in talent between the two.

Now Rolle is a great kid and will be a valuable asset to any franchise he joins. I just think that since we just drafted two safeties and Sensabaugh is young that we may not be looking for a S come draft day.

I agree with the earlier post about Anthony Davis from Rutgers. I also think there may be 5 or 6 tackles who could go in the 1st round next draft.
  12. rkell87

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received

yeah good point but if we get a shot at berry i say take him...and ill keep my eye on mays to see if he wont end up in the same boat as ol roy