1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: MySA: Cowboys draft was a lot like the 2011 season

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 29, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,239 Messages
    7,067 Likes Received
    Posted on 04/29/2012 by torsborn

The Cowboys’ draft was a lot like their 2011 season: They did good work early but fizzled down the stretch.

Without question, the bold move to trade up and land LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne, an elite player at a key position, was a home run. Take a bow, Jerry Jones.

But I was underwhelmed by the sum of the rest of their picks. Too many projects that may or may not grow into dependable, productive NFL players. If they do, it’s a great draft. But I have my doubts, although I like the potential of nearly all of them and I admire the Cowboys for sticking to their board.

Read more: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/nfl/2012/04/cowboys-draft-was-a-lot-like-the-2011-season/
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,104 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    What are we sacrificing? You look at each of these picks and they all test very well as athletes -- they're are all high measurables guys. And they're all at least moderately productive in college. So what are we giving up on for high character guys, if not production and athleticism?
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    They are no more projects than any other 3rd - 7th round picks.
  4. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,455 Messages
    180 Likes Received

Well, you probably would not of taken Dez, and players like Irvin(the LB) were not are Dallas' board.
  5. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,621 Messages
    744 Likes Received
    The cowboys stuck to their board and are still getting criticized for it.

It's getting to the point where these journalist or whatever they call themselves feel they have to constantly criticize the Cowboys.

Sadly it's a ratings thing. The negative articles bring the haters and lovers alike. I'm sure covering a team like Dallas is alot different than covering a team that no one cares about like Atlanta for example.