1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: MySA: Garrett takes blame for gaffe

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 16, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,082 Messages
    5,598 Likes Received
    By Tom Orsborn - Express-News
    Web Posted: 09/16/2010 12:00 CDT

With the aftershock from the gut-wrenching season-opening loss to Washington still reverberating, Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett accepted blame Wednesday for attempting a play at the end of the first half that led to one of the club's most embarrassing moments.

“I called the play,” Garrett told reporters in Irving. “It's my fault.”

“In hindsight, it should have been called off. Absolutely,” Garrett said.

“Having said that, you have to manage situations better,” Garrett said. “That was a situation where we should have just taken a knee and should have gone into the locker room.”

Phillips declined to discuss the play further.

“We've already rehashed everything ... We are looking forward to this game,” he said.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...led_to_gaffe_103018464.html?showFullArticle=y
  2. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,880 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Jason takes the heat and moves on. What doesn't kill you should make you stronger. Time to move on. Bring on the Bears!
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm glad he's taken the blame now it's time to move on and focus on beating the crap out of Chicago!!!!!
  4. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,201 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    Honestly, almost everyone involved in that play could have done something different to keep it from happening.

Wade could have overruled the call. Garrett could have called a better play. Romo could have audibled or not thrown the ball to choice. Choice could have fallen over and not risked the fumble.

It honestly doesn't matter who finally "takes the blame" as long as everybody has moved on, and is ready to take on Chicago.