1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NAACP to march in support of Vick at tonight's game

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by jimmy40, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,452 Likes Received
    So basically if you are a special person you deserve more chances than others? OK...Vick play a game nothing more than that maybe because we have so many star stuck people we have that put these individuals on a pedestal and above others. He is a ball player nothing more his playing does not do a damn thing for anyone of consequence.
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,100 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    This is America. You get as many shots as someone is willing to give you. You want to argue about celebrity culture, feel free but it won't change as long as people are willing to shell out hundreds of dollars to see these players.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,452 Likes Received
    Yes it is American which means some people will stand up and disagree with that and yes protest it too it is their American Right to do so. Hopefully one day people will wake up and stop acting like these players are more special than other people they are not. Some of these athletes are no more than street thugs with the physical ability to play a game
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,100 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    Well that would be ideal, but are you willing to give up the Cowboys and Football to prove your point? Money is the only thing the NFL will listen to.
  5. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Well, that branches off into boycotting the whole shebang, bringing up an interesting question. Are you, (or anybody else) willing to give up on Cowboys games? The only thing giving the impression that they are special is the willingness of people to pay ridiculous amounts to sit in a stadium and watch them. As long as people are paying, nothing is changing. Money has clearly trumped morals and the want for this entertainment has also.
  6. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Does this mean the Klan will be marching in support of Matt Jones?
  7. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    lol. Can you imagine one of the conservatives on the board defending that? there would be a complete meltdown.
  8. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,886 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I'm a bit puzzled by the choice the NAACP has made on this issue. While Vick has served his time, he's back, gainfully employed as a football player and states that he wants to get on with his life. He's not a paricularly good example of someone who has suffered as a result of racial discrimination.

Having a "massive" rally wouldn't seem like good strategy at this point. There are likely concerned folks who help animals who are also supporters of the NAACP. How do they feel about this? If he didn't encounter some difficulties as a result of his past from animal rights groups, I'd be surprised. It would not surprise me if the rally fizzles to some degree and I would hpe that folks could get back to the buisness of football. I do hope that Vick gets it together and at lest tries to mitigate some of the damage done.
  9. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it's safe to say that none of these NAACP types would want Vick living next to them if his last name were "Smith."
  10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    [IMG]

just stop
  11. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,100 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Sure they would!
  12. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I say count, you are great at playing Devil's Advocate
  13. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,100 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    ****, you're onto me!
  14. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  15. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes the NAACP would be marching for Kolb.....:rolleyes:
  16. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I once marched on [strike]Selma[/strike] Thelma.

[IMG]
  17. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,898 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    :muttley:
  18. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,898 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    That is the greatest photoshop EVER... you can't even tell it was altered...

Well done, sir... well done...
  19. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    whoohoo! thank you sir
  20. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,012 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    hahaha. Matt Mosley said that the NAACP MARCH was actually just 12 people at a table with some signs. Way to go, NAACP.