1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Name That Player...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by realtick, Feb 21, 2012.

1. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Every year around this time we love to remind other draftniks of arm-chair scouting prowess by naming some player that you were right about from sometime back.

Let's go a different direction and name a player (or two) that you were completely wrong about after proclaiming their impending success.

Here my guy off the top: Tiquan Underwood

Coming out of Rutgers, I thought he'd be that DeSean Jackson/Mike Wallace'esqe type of deep threat receiver, but it just hasn't happened for him in Jacksonville and now in New England.

Who is yours?
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,565 Messages
    4,139 Likes Received
    How about both?

Bad evaluation - AOA (I thought be would be an excellent 4th round pick and was excited when Dallas drafted him. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I blame Campo for his complete lack of success. lol).

Good evaluation - Chris Johnson (He was my favorite RB in that draft. I didn't dislike Felix, but I thought CJ would be elite).
  3. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received

Me and a ton of other zoners.....Duke Robinson.
  4. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey now, don't be indicting a bunch of other zoners! Let them come out when they're ready.
  5. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Hate to admit it. JaMarcus Russell

I watched a lot of LSU games that year, and loved his arm strength and size.

I figured he would have a Daunte Culpepper type career. Put up alot of yards and TD's.

Going to the Raiders killed him. Along with his poor work ethic and eating habits. And the purple stuff.
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,144 Messages
    1,125 Likes Received
    I thought both Peterman and Jacob Rogers would both be players. Two of the biggest reasons this past decade turned out the way it did IMO.
  7. overseas

overseas Benched

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Chad Jackson

I thought he be a great WR

but no even Belicheck could not help him
  8. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,235 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Brian Bosworth and Noel Devine
  9. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow, nothing in between? That's like 20 years seperation, lol.
  10. Skerr41

Skerr41 Member

111 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ernie Shazor.

I was hell bent on the boys getting him in the second, then he goes undrafted, never made it out of camp for whoever signed him as a UDFA.

The other was Matt Jones. I fell in love with that athleticism.
  11. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    WOW :eek: this is hard as I am almost always right...:D

let see I think I missed on...:confused:

Courtny Brown...I really knew nothing about him till he was drafted by the Cowboys but he had such an outstanding resume that I took their word.. hook, line and sinker

I am sure there are others I missed on but blame it on selective memory as I can't think of any off the top of my head.:p: :D
  12. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,423 Messages
    3,665 Likes Received
    Byron Leftwich. Homer in me loved him. But he took too long in the pocket. A few years later a friend had some old marshall games on video and I borrowed it. I could not believe he had so much time behind that line on a regular basis.

Courtney Brown (penn state drafted by the browns). Really thought he would be a great player for them.

James Whalen TE from Kentucky. Really wanted the cowboys to draft him but the bucs got him. A few years later he came to the Cowboys. Initially I thought he would be the long awaited replacement for Jay Novacek. He did nothing for us but I think it was a year after he left when we took Witten and the rest, as they say, is history.
  13. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,066 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    I whiffed majorly on AOA.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,856 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    Whiff: AOA - Like a lot of other guys, I severely overestimated his ability to play NFL football. I was in denial for quite some time about it too. I'm still in denial about Kenrick Ellis as well, who I had a major man crush last on last year... but it's still early! :laugh2: Hos loves sending me periodical updates on how close he is to serving jail time as well. Thanks Hos. :mad:

Hit: Sean Lee - I had him listed as a guy the Cowboys would target on Day 2, and lo and behold, we actually drafted him. I'm usually pretty terrible at predicting Cowboy picks.

Told You So: Robert Brewster/James Marten - I was pissed after both picks and have been pissed ever since.
  15. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,066 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    To go way back in the day, my Told You So would've been Steven Jackson. I'm pissed to this day.
  16. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,913 Messages
    1,300 Likes Received
    I though Bobby would be a real good player :banghead:
  17. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    My told you so....

Isn't it funny how I can remember a boat load of these but I can't the others :lmao2:
  18. John813

John813 Active Member

385 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    For the Cowboys:

Bobby Carpenter. Didn't think he would be soft as a pillow.
    Stephen Peterman. Whether we gave up on him too quickly, or what, sucks that he never contributed for this team. Think he is still starting for the Lions. Only if he never had that knee injury his rookie year...
    Julius Jones. Got hooked don those three games he had his rookie year. Then realized he had no vision and was only good on draws.

Nate Allen for the Eagles. Thought he could of been good from Day 1.

Definitely will think of some later
  19. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Signed by the Raiders I think....or I could be thinking about Darnell Bing.
  20. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it's hilarious that folks feel obligated to still tell you who they "hit" on.

It's like "yeah, I missed on that guy, but what about thiiiiiiiiiiiiis guy!"

:D