1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Nate Newton likes Ronald Leary

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,559 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    Because we've been waiting an eternity for him to develop and I was about to give up on him. :D
  2. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,323 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    I think that is the group, pending on what Bernadeau does when he comes back. I would almost guarantee that Cook will be gone....have heard Livings money is guaranteed so that might be the only thing that keeps him here. The five you mentioned plus Arkin and Bernadeau seem to be the top 7 right now.
    Zimmy Lives likes this.
  3. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,481 Messages
    993 Likes Received
    Not crazy at all. As a poster pointed out in another thread, lines often have a power side (Smith, Leary) and a agile side (Arkin, Free). Normally the power side is right, but the Cowboys have flipped it, and Arkin has looked good pulling from the right.
  4. Zimmy Lives

5,559 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    Those would be my top seven as well. I think Bernadeau becomes the swing guard if he comes back healthy; Living may be on borrowed time even if he is guaranteed money.
  5. Zimmy Lives

5,559 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    I may be wrong but Arkin was recognized before for his ability to get out in space and make contact on the second level. Seems like his biggest challenge is sitting down in his stance and anchoring. I am excited to see how much he has improved in that area over the next several weeks. I'm pulling for the guy.
  6. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,323 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    There have been reports that Arkin still has trouble anchoring but is better than he was at it. They pretty much have had him with the starting unit since day 1. And he really has done nothing to get pulled from there. Hope he keeps it up, because I never thought he would make it.
  7. Zimmy Lives

5,559 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    I didn't think he would make it either but I still pulled for him. I am still pulling for him.
  8. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,229 Messages
    433 Likes Received
    I don't see Fred at guard.
  9. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,155 Messages
    466 Likes Received
    I'm have to say that I've come to root for Arkin. Thats because so much here are rooting against him.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received

those thinking he will be at guard are the costa fanatics looking for a place for their JAG.
    Ultimategamer5567 likes this.
  11. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    You got to keep Frederick at center where he will make Romo's life much easier.
  12. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,334 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    I have been pretty critical of Arkin and pointed to the fact that he has not been given any playing time despite the injuries we suffered in prior years. I have previously hypothesized that either Arkin had some compromising photos of Cowboys ownership, or he had the potential to be a quality starter or they would not have saved a roster spot for him. Hopefully the latter will turn out to be the case. At least Arkins chances of panning out sounds a bit more promising than it has prior to this year.
    stasheroo likes this.
  13. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,746 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    Honestly though.. who really cares what a guy like Nate Newton thinks about him?

We have our own resident board expert on OL, Risen Star.. and he says Leary is bottom of the barrel garbage.
    Vintage likes this.
  14. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,296 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received
    I very much agree with you. And who could blame them? Livings is looking bad and we have yet another offseason where Bernardeau isn't even on the field!

Maybe that's why rumors are floating around about supposed interest in older veteran linemen?
    Zordon likes this.
  15. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,296 Messages
    1,120 Likes Received
    Agreed. I had personally closed the book on him as a bust but I would be very happy if he proved me wrong.
  16. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

12,905 Messages
    656 Likes Received
    He scouts OL in Madden all the time. He gets 80 plus rated players all the time. True expert.