1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

National Post: How did Janet Napolitano get her job?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by trickblue, Apr 22, 2009.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,697 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    Link

The border for dummies
    National Post Published: Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Can someone please tell us how U. S. Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano got her job? She appears to be about as knowledgeable about border issues as a late-night radio call-in yahoo.

In an interview broadcast Monday on the CBC, Ms. Napolitano attempted to justify her call for stricter border security on the premise that "suspected or known terrorists" have entered the U. S. across the Canadian border, including the perpetrators of the 9/11 attack.

All the 9/11 terrorists, of course, entered the United States directly from overseas. The notion that some arrived via Canada is a myth that briefly popped up in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, and was then quickly debunked.

Informed of her error, Ms. Napolitano blustered: "I can't talk to that. I can talk about the future. And here's the future. The future is we have borders."

Just what does that mean, exactly?

Just a few weeks ago, Ms. Napolitano equated Canada's border to Mexico's, suggesting they deserved the same treatment. Mexico is engulfed in a drug war that left more than 5,000 dead last year, and which is spawning a spillover kidnapping epidemic in Arizona. So many Mexicans enter the United States illegally that a multi-billion-dollar barrier has been built from Texas to California to keep them out.

In Canada, on the other hand, the main problem is congestion resulting from cross-border trade. Not quite the same thing, is it?
  2. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LoL what a dumb *****
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,647 Messages
    1,518 Likes Received
    Come on! Go to US hospitals and there are litterally 10s of thousands of Canadians that illegally entered this country that are getting free care and also having their kids here to plant a family for generations to come.

And certainly you've noticed the overflow of illegal Canadians working extra low wage jobs, while many avoid paying taxes whatsoever.

And on and on and on.......
    Come on!

:bang2: :banghead: :welcome: :shoot4:
  4. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :muttley:
  5. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,046 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Maybe she is getting her info from this???

[IMG]
  6. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,001 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    Well there was the one guy that did get picked up coming in from Canada with a plan to blow up the LA airport.

Still, t'aint smart to look so dumb.
  7. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm sure the residents of Arizona, are happy this ignoramus is out as Governor,
    she didn't enforce the border for the state as Governor thus the promotion to head of DHS in this laughingstock of a Presidency.
  8. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This wasn't her only jawdropper of the week. Here's what she said on CNN last weekend:

KING: A lot of Democrats in Congress want to you investigate [Joe Arpaio]. They think he is over the line. He says he is just enforcing the law and the problem is the federal government.

NAPOLITANO: Well, you know, Sheriff Joe, he is being very political in that statement, because he knows that there aren’t enough law enforcement officers, courtrooms or jail cells in the world to do what he is saying.

What we have to do is target the real evil-doers in this business, the employers who consistently hire illegal labor, the human traffickers who are exploiting human misery.

And yes, when we find illegal workers, yes, appropriate action, some of which is criminal, most of that is civil, because crossing the border is not a crime per se. It is civil. But anyway, going after those as well.

Blogger Julie Kirchner reminds the DHS Secretary of what the law actually says:

9. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,300 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    :laugh1:
  10. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    If there is such thing as a sad joke,this appointment is.
    One Big Arse Mistake,America.
  11. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,960 Messages
    978 Likes Received
  12. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,355 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    No, most of us would welcome her back with open arms.
  13. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    She was a good Governor?
  14. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,355 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    Yes sir.
  15. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,697 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    So she caught the bat-shat crazy virus in DC?
  16. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,661 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    I haven't been in AZ long enough to really judge her but I know QUITE A FEW people who are glad she is gone.
  17. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let her go back. She can do a lot less damage there. She wouldn't be the the first guv to wash out of Washington.
  18. ArmoredSaint

ArmoredSaint New Member

61 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Anyone who refers to terrorist acts as "man-caused disasters" and treats "right-wing extremism" as the main threat facing the country needs to have their competence questioned. Then again, it illustrates what is considered top priority by this administration.
  19. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You must be proud!!!:lmao2: Hell she defended the border as the governor as much as she does in her position of DHS, I like the Sheriff better, now he has a set!!!:fact:
  20. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,960 Messages
    978 Likes Received
    i started off in this thread diving into the stereotype.

hos didn't. he stated fact. i thought again cause i respect hos.

people are far too insecure to let others just be.