1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

NBC Apologizes to Affiliates for No 9/11 Moment of Silence on 'Today' (Report)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by joseephuss, Sep 13, 2012.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,952 Messages
    1,531 Likes Received
  2. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Why apologize? Their news is useless as it is. Just stick to your demographic; the people who don't care about 9/11 and only care about a kardashian and her breast implants.

After actually watching the video I now want to kill myself after hearing her speak.
  3. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    NBC is a joke. They made the conscious decision that the Kardashians were more important. I would have more respect for them if they actually stood by what the truly believe as opposed to kissing up later after the rest of America condemned them for being insensitive *****.
  4. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  5. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Wow, they pile on their poor decision by televising a Kardasian discussing her "cosmetic procedure". That is a complete downward spiral.
  6. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,144 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    They haven't held a moment of silence on the Today show since 2006. I can see why this would be disappointing and crappy to people, but really, this year it is somehow more outrageous?

Shouldn't have everyone had their knickers in a twist for the last several years, except for last year when they dedicated the entire program to 9/11 remembrance coverage?

If anyone really gave a **** about the Today show, this wouldn't be getting so much "outrage" this year alone.
  7. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received

They have been pathetic for a long time and many have complained about it. Personally I don't watch network TV because it is a complete waste of time.
  8. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,843 Messages
    725 Likes Received
    I have come to the conclusion Bruce Jenner must be a total idiot. No sane person could live in that household.
  9. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    That's just because nobody has been watching them since 2006 to know they haven't been doing it.
  10. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,952 Messages
    1,531 Likes Received
    No, that is no the reason. It is because they talked about breasts this year. That topic always garners attention. :D
  11. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,431 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Personally, I enjoy The Today Show and watch it off-and-on, 2-3 times a week mostly in the first 2 hours.

To be fair, MSNBC did the rebroadcast of the NBC coverage of that day for several hours Tues morn, starting from just before the first plane hit.
  12. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    It's called :jackpot: