1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: NBC: Cowboys thinking Rolando McClain’s a good bet

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Jul 24, 2014.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    Cowboys thinking Rolando McClain’s a good bet
    Posted by Darin Gantt on July 24, 2014, 10:07 AM EDT
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...clains-a-good-bet/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

[IMG]AP
    The Cowboys were a little desperate for help when Sean Lee was lost for the season with a torn ACL in OTAs. And they certainly didn’t give up much to acquire Rolando McClain.

But Cowboys owner Jerry Jones suggested that McClain’s financial situation might have played a part in his comeback, and he thinks he’s getting a motivated player.

“I have a known a lot of people, a lot of successful people, that quit and then got it together and turned it around and came back and really made something of what they quit actually, in many cases,” Jones said, via Tim McMahon of ESPNDallas.com. “I’ve seen it happen several times in sports. Certainly I have seen it happen in short periods of time with frustration...
  2. manster4ever

manster4ever Active Member

524 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    shaddap Jerrah
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    I don't see where Jerry suggested McClain's financial situation was the reason for the comeback. I've also read that he has a financial advisor and has kept most of the 30 million he got from the Raiders. (taxes getting a good chunk) Now he does have an ex-wife and 2 kids. But that is still a lot of money he already has.