1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ndamukong Suh remains defiant

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by joseephuss, Dec 14, 2011.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,314 Messages
    696 Likes Received
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/50139/ndamukong-suh-remains-defiant

Ndamukong Suh remains defiant

If you were expecting Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh to break down, cut open a vein and absolve himself of all sins upon returning to practice Wednesday, you're disappointed right now.

Speaking to reporters in Detroit, Suh stayed tight to a message emphasizing team business over his recent issues, which include a two-game NFL suspension and an early-morning automobile accident in Portland. He wouldn't say whether he has addressed his absence with teammates, other than to say his return has "been handled," and said he didn't feel obligated to offer a public explanation or apology.

"[Reporters] make your speculations and then you report what you think is right and what’s not right," Suh said, according to the Detroit Free Press. "The most important thing right now is this football team, not me individually, and it's me being a part of this football team and us going down to Oakland and taking care of business."

Things got a bit testy during a separate appearance on "The Valenti & Foster Show" on WXYT-97.1 in Detroit. Told that Lions fans wanted to hear genuine responses to an important topic, Suh said: "It's not the Suh Show" and eventually ended the interview.
  2. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yeah I see a lot more suspensions coming for Mr. Suh in the near future. He absolutely doesnt' want to take responsibility. That is plain obvious. It takes dire straights to happen for a guy like this to finally get it and unfortunately it hasn't happened yet.

Stupid kids, got alllllll the answers.

Just wait until your meal ticket sails off and your left wondering....

"Where did the Suh Show go?"
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,789 Messages
    2,859 Likes Received
    Well I doubt that the guy has learned anything.

However just because he does not want to give the press a soundbite does not mean anything. He is probably better off keeping his mouth shut anyway.
  4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,825 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    That guy is a ******. He's a very talented ******, but still a ******.
  5. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,707 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    He's increasingly proving himself to not getting it...
  6. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    How hard is it to say..

It sucks! I made a huge mistake. I learned and just want to play ball. Thanks guys.

That takes like 2 seconds and it all goes away.
  7. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,587 Messages
    1,912 Likes Received
    The new Harrison.
  8. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He and Harrison apparently have convinced themselves that their cheap shots are "part of the game"... I guess they won't get the message until they cross over the line one time too many and get a serious suspension, like a full season...

They're both punks, plain and simple-- not that I'd tell them that to their faces, they're both very large, and apparently very angry, punks... :D
  9. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I actually agree with what he said there.. not sure why all of you are being critical. He wanted to stay on topic and discuss the upcoming football game, not what he did in the past that is done and overwith. He did exactly what you are taught to do from a PR standpoint with the media. Don't give in and stick to talking football. He doesn't owe them or the fans anything.

Same crap happened with Garrett recently and all the buffoons here were questioning his manhood because he didn't apoligize to the media. Turns out he took responsibility to the team and apoligized and took the blame to them. That's all that matters.
  10. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    He is not Harrison, and he made not one comment to suggest that he thought what he did was right. Simply said he didn't want to talk about it, and its about the team and the upcoming game, and not him individually.

..and he's right and i don't have a problem with him not wanting to get into the past issues that have been dealt with and are over. Media just wants to keep stirring the drama and he wasn't taking the bait. Good for him, maybe if more players did this we'd actually get some decent questions in these interviews and i'd feel less like im watching an episode of TMZ everytime im listening to a press conference anymore.
  11. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You should change the title to Ndamukong Suh remains a ******bag.
  12. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,304 Messages
    2,867 Likes Received
    Sure looks that way.
  13. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Still not sure what you guys are thinking.. but oh well.

Harrison is all about himself, Suh was trying to deflect attention from his individual situation to the team and its goals.

Its nothing alike.
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,150 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    I guess you did not listen to his statement right after the game.
  15. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Nope. Just responding to his recent statements to the media still attempting to stir up drama about a situation that happened a month ago.

What did he say after the game?
  16. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,054 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    I agree.

If you don't want to talk about an issue, don't. What's so bad about that? This isn't a court of law where you're compelled to testify.
  17. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,540 Messages
    553 Likes Received
    Such a shame that this guy doesn't seem to get it. Of course I'm sure we've got a few here who would love to have a guy with this kind of attitude on the team.
  18. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,150 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received

basically it was a rambling claim that this was football and that anyone calling anything he did wrong is full of it. It was fairly bizarre.
  19. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Eh, that was after the game so im sure emotions were still running high and he was still fairly pissed off. I'd agree that's a silly thing to say.. however, he's now being criticized for a month later, trying to steer the talk back to football and the next game on the schedule and not continue to let the media try and stir up BS. He's trying to not make it a distraction anymore and keep the focus on the next game.. there's nothing wrong with that at all. He doesn't owe the media any explination or apology at all.
  20. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,587 Messages
    1,912 Likes Received
    I heard the stuff on the Detroit radio show, and it was pretty bush league by the host.