1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

neo-cons already out for obama?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by jterrell, Jan 30, 2008.

1. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,688 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    I saw this post from a "conservative" nonsense offering.

This is what scares me about the potential of having to square off with these lying sacks of crud with Obama as the Dem.
    -----------------------------

I would advise anyone considering this man for the presidency to study the information contained here http://www.examiner.com/a-534540~Can_a_past_of_Islam_change_the_path_to_president_for_Obama_.html carefully.

As you read the article, pay special attention to:

"Obama???s stepfather was a practicing Muslim". ???It was to Lolo (stepfather) that I turned to for guidance and instruction, Obama recalled.???

???In Indonesia, I had spent two years at a Muslim school,??? he wrote in his first memoir, ???Dreams from my Father.???

???He comes from a father who was a Muslim,??? said civil rights author Juan Williams of National Public Radio. ???I mean, I think that given we???re at war with Muslim extremists, that presents a problem.???

???The person who made me proudest of all,??? Obama wrote, ???was Roy. He converted to Islam.."

Although the overwhelming majority of Americans describe themselves as Christians, Obama does not believe that any one religion should define the United States.

???We are no longer just a Christian nation,??? he argues in ???Audacity,??? which was published last year. ???We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers.???

He is also protective of civil rights for Muslims in the U.S. ???I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.???

Although Obama was raised by his mother, he identified more closely with the race of his father, who left the family when Obama was 2.???I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites,??? he wrote.

???There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs,??? he wrote. ???It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.???

He added: ???To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists.???

After his sophomore year, Obama transferred to Columbia University. Later, looking back on his years in New York City, he recalled: ???I had grown accustomed, everywhere, to suspicions between the races.???

???The emotion between the races could never be pure,??? he laments in ???Dreams.??? ???Even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart.???

How can the American public even consider this man for presidency of the United states?

http://www.freedomsenemies.com/_more/obama.htm
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,825 Messages
    1,475 Likes Received
    Personally I don't care if Obama is buddist I would not vote for him because I disagree with him on most issues.
  3. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Specifically, which of these claims are lies?
  4. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,554 Messages
    1,642 Likes Received
    As I recall, wasn't Hillary the candidate who made Obama's race an issue while campaigning in South Carolina? Also, if criticizing Obama on religious grounds is wrong, is it not also wrong to criticize Christian Republicans for being creationists or believing that God played a role in universe's origin? It seems like any Christian candidate who doesn't proclaim unquestioning loyalty and adherence to the tenents of metaphysical naturalism is skewered in the media.
  5. Doomsday101

74,825 Messages
    1,475 Likes Received
    True, some of the things jterrell is claiming as bad old neo cons is what has been coming out of the Clinton camp
  6. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,697 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    Equating race as a factor in South Carolina primaries is exclusively reserved for those referring to the Bush/McCain issue...

It's ok if Hillary/Bill do it because we all know that it doesn't matter what she says or does as the ends justify the means...
  7. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it's perfectly valid to point out the truth that Obama has strong Muslim ties.

Whether or not you want to allow that to influence your vote is up to the individual.

But the information is perfectly germane to the presidential debate. To suggest that it isn't is absurd.

If any of the claims listed are lies, I'd like to know which ones. But much of that comes from Obama's own autobiography.
  8. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,688 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    Hmm, I guess you are right and I'll just have to vote for Hillary now.

:)
  9. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,688 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    You mean if Hillary says this stuff it isn't dirty politics but merely public awareness?
  10. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,001 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    The real interesting part is reading the comments from the Examiner article site. Filled with frothing at the mouth hatred and a line or two, quoted out of context. Disagreeing with his positions is one thing: lots of those folks are spewing vicious blather.
  11. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Seriously, though, you said the original article was penned by a "lying sack of crud." What in there is a lie?

I think he was being facetious.
  12. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,697 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    Yep... :D

You hear "Republican Dirty Tricks" all of the time in the media...

I don't believe I've ever heard "Democrat Dirty Tricks"...
  13. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,688 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    Dude that is because they say Clinton machine not Democrat.

When was the last time a Democrat not named Clinton won anything? :laugh2:
  14. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,001 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    Just another area where the Democrats lack Republican credentials.....
    :rolleyes:

Nah, they are all rolling in it. Though Rove really did show himself to be a past master.
  15. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Clinton's don't play dirty tricks... they just kill anyone who gets in their way!

http://www.zpub.com/un/un-bc-body.html

;)
  16. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,688 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    perhaps I was fishing for confirmation... of my choice as Democratic candidate.

In essence it really does prove three points.

1. Neo-cons will paint the picture how they want it and use as much vitriole as possible.

2. The Dems better be ready to battle that drivel and nonsense before it affects the masses.

3. Obama is hardly going to get some kind of nice guy pass because he is likable when it comes time for the general election and while he may talk of being a uniter he better divide neo-cons from their buttocks if he plans to win a general election.
  17. Doomsday101

74,825 Messages
    1,475 Likes Received
    Hillary seems to be doing a good job of running a negative campaign against obama, you really seem to let her off the hook but the big bad neo-cons are just up to no good? Hillary has played the Race card and those reports are not coming from Rep they are coming from democrats who have come down on her for doing this.
  18. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,960 Messages
    979 Likes Received
    people who can only talk in lables have a very narrow mindset.

i've seen him tell me SO THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT!!! by going to the extreme opposite when i disagree with him. i call him on it - he just goes away yet touts VICTORY!!! in other thread. like when i said i don't want hillary he says "So you want a goof!!!" of which i never said.

but i suppose JT missed that thread also.
  19. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,688 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    Hillary doesn't have to attack Obama, she just has to point to the endless neo-con hate sites like I just did. Not only does she benefit from any slime sticking to Obama but she proves that the Dems need to be hardcore to win a general election and not wussy foot into an election like John Kerry. I am sick of war heroes who can't offer up a friggin political fight.

The entire thread was a lesson in dirty pool politics and reality.

Bill Clinton made calculated remarks to stir up the masses and the Clintons had written off SC soon after Oprah left the stump there.

You'll note that a few things happened in the interim.

1) Hillary won the support of popular long-time California Senator and Congressional Black Caucus Leader Maxine Waters.
    2) Hillary won Florida by 20% points.
    3) Hillary has focused on February 5th states and Florida a week prior to the SC primary. --John Edwards criticized her for this but well he just quit the race--
  20. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,688 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    The irony here is the same folks who bag on her for being political are the ones defending that sham of a website. They went way further than her but alas she stepped out of bounds???

I simply turned that around.

Here's what they said.... It's not Hillary's job to defend Obama or his dad, Hussein.

If there are only two candidates and one is a "near" Muslim then by all means every Democrat should vote Hillary Rodham Clinton!!!!