1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

New Government Program announced

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Rackat, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]

j/k - maybe
  2. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Does that mean Obama is going to eliminate the Death Tax?
  3. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,897 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I think you mean the estate tax, and I hope not. Republicans renamed it the death tax to trick low income individuals to care about it when it really just affects upper income individuals.
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,003 Messages
    720 Likes Received
    :laugh1::lmao2:
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,300 Messages
    3,028 Likes Received
    Why should these people pay taxes on money that has been taxed just because a family member died?
  6. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,684 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Democrats named it estate tax to trick people into thinking that they are doing something other than taxing people after they die.

Whether or not it affects only the upper class is irrelevant.
  7. Doomsday101

77,300 Messages
    3,028 Likes Received
    It is the same old class warfare played by the democrats. You are not entitled to the money you and your family worked hard to get and somehow the Government deserves a cut of it even though taxes have been paid on the money.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    How many times should a person have to pay taxes on the same dollar earned?
  9. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,897 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    it's a transfer of wealth.
  10. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    It's not a trick. I die and the government tries to take as much of the money I legally earned (and paid taxes on multiple times already) to support my wife and children just to turn around and blow it on some stupid socialized program a lowlife liberal put together to buy more votes. No thanks. That is why I have an irrevocable trust and the greedy liberal pigs in congress won't be getting anything from me.
  11. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,897 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Well if you inherit something from a deceased individual you would only be taxed once.
  12. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,003 Messages
    720 Likes Received

People like Rat will never understand this because they have nothing to leave their loved ones and are jealous of those who do.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,926 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    Actually, that is true...though it still does not make it right for obvious reasons.
  14. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    And the award for dumbest post of the day goes to.....

[IMG]
  15. Doomsday101

77,300 Messages
    3,028 Likes Received
    Yes a transfer from the people and family who earned it to the Government. That money has been earned and taxed because someone dies should not give the Government the right to come in and get another cut of that money. You liberals and your wealth redistribution really take the cake. Wanting what you have not earned
  16. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Their entire survival is based on stealing money that they were incapable of earning on their own. No better than a common thief. They may be worse because they try and hide who they are. At least when you are mugged, the mugger is up front about his intentions.
  17. Doomsday101

77,300 Messages
    3,028 Likes Received
    One thing Rat is right about this tax will not affect me because my family and I are not wealthy. This does not change the principals of what the Government is doing and it is wrong no matter how you slice it.
  18. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I appreciate you standing on principle despite the law not effecting you right now. I am by no means wealthy, but do plan on being so eventually. Being an owner of a very small yet growing business I get to see the other side of taxes that most never even realize exist. The government has enough money to meet it's obligations under the Constitution. They just need to learn how to use it more effectively.
  19. Doomsday101

77,300 Messages
    3,028 Likes Received
    In this country if you are willing to take the risk then you deserve the rewards. I'm not a big risk taker that is my choice but I see no reason to punish those who are. I expect people to pay their fair share and when found cheating I think the courts should throw the book at them but those who play by the rules and are willing to go out on a limb should reap the rewards that is what this country was founded on. Today we demonize those risk takers and want to take from them because some do not feel they need that much.
  20. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,681 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    Rat and the rest of the liberals run from the truth all the time. It is a DEATH TAX because only DEATH starts it.