1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

New Miss California. Marriage is between a man and a women.

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by JBond, Jun 12, 2009.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    New Miss California. Marriage is between a man and a women

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100828

Tami Farrell, the newly crowned queen who is replacing the ousted Carrie Prejean as Miss California, apparently holds the same view as her predecessor, Carrie Prejean, and President Obama that marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Fox News host Neil Cavuto asked Farrell, who is Christian, on his show today:

"[Prejean] went out and said that a marriage is between a man and a woman. Do you share that view?"

Farrell responded in the affirmative with a simple, "Uh huh."

"You do, OK," said Cavuto.

Farrell quickly added: "I don't think that I have the right or anybody has a right to tell somebody who they can or can't love. And I think that this is a civil rights issue. And I think that the right thing to do is let the voters decide."

Californians voted in favor of marriage being between a man and a woman in the most recent election on the issue in the Proposition 8 measure.

Earlier in the interview, Cavuto asked, "Do you mind my asking you, Tami, how you feel, about gay marriage since this has been such a hot issue with your predecessor?"

Farrell's response: "You know, I think it's hilarious right now that the world is turning to beauty for the answers for this. I think it's an important issue and I think that it's one that I don't think I can win a battle. I don't want to be any more divisive than it's already become."
  2. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    She must be DESTROYED!!! :rolleyes:
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,942 Messages
    1,208 Likes Received
    Love it. How long do you think before suddenly the new one is "missing commitments" and being "uncooperative"?
  4. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

18,986 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    People are pointing to this as an example of why Prejean wasn't targeted for her anti-gay marriage comments. But it's a ruse.

First, the new Miss California didn't express her views on the same platform as Prejean. Prejean - when asked mind you - offered her views on national television during the pageant. That is someone different than being asked about the subject by a newspaper.

Second, the new Miss California merely gave an "uh huh." That isn't exactly a ringing endorsement and really isn't the same as what Prejean said when answering the question.

Third, the new Miss California quickly added she doesn't have the right to tell people who they can and can't love. That's what gay people want to hear. They don't want to hear someone just say they think gay marriage is wrong. They don't want to hear someone say they believe traditional marriage is the optimum marriage. They want to hear people say "I believe this but you can believe what you want."

Fourth, the new Miss California isn't going to make this issue a platform issue like Prejean. Unfortunately for Prejean, though, the issue was made one for her. If people are attacking you on your position, who are you going to go to for support? The people who agree with you. That's only natural.
    So by simple natural dynamics, Prejean had this thrust upon her, but now she's being criticizes because she consults and takes comfort in the community that agrees with her.

She was set up from the start. Anyone who disagrees is naive, despite this latest attempt to be "fair." :rolleyes:
  5. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,363 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    I think most people hold these views but are afraid to express them for fear of being called intolerant by the most intolerant people in the country. So they keep quiet.
  6. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You know why? Because certain people (animals?) will call you a *****, a ****, and root through your parents' divorce records. Simply because you issued a different opinion on a controversial subject in a respectful manner. And these cretins have the nerve to lecture others on "tolerance."
  7. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received

Nice.
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,861 Messages
    1,507 Likes Received
    But they shouldn't, we don't all have to agree with each other but they asked her a question and she gave them an honest answer. I commend her she is not backing down how she answered the question or trying to make it PC she stated her view that is shared by many and the intolerant left could not deal with that.
  9. Hostile

118,363 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    I don't understand. She shouldn't feel opposed to Gay marriage? Or others should not be afraid to speak up?

I was being serious. I think many people (even on the Left) do not agree with Gay marriage. I think they are afraid to speak out against it however. I think they are afraid of the labels that the Gay and Lesbian community use as bludgeons while they scream about intolerance.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,942 Messages
    1,208 Likes Received
    The most intolerant and hateful people around are the far left wacko's like the ones running the gay and lesbian pressure groups.
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,861 Messages
    1,507 Likes Received
    I think she should say what she feels. Had she answered the question that she thinks Gay Marriage is alright I would not be demanding her to turn over her crown, she answered a question that was posed to her in the competition if they did not want an honest reply then the organizers of the pageant should not be asking those types of heated questions. As far as I can see she did nothing wrong and is being stripped of her title because she expressed her feelings to a direct question. There is something really wrong with that.
  12. Hostile

118,363 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    I gotcha.

I was under the impression her title is being stripped for other reasons. Not true?

If so, that is crap.
  13. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It will be interesting to see if the new Miss California keeps her title, even after saying she agreed with her predecessor, if people will admit the previous Miss California was stripped of her title because she wasn't fullfilling her contractual obligations and not because of her view on Gay Marriage.

I doubt it, just wondering.
  14. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,963 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    i'm not intolerant - i really don't care. color me apathetic. these days marriage isn't want it used to be anyway - why should hetero's be the onlys ones to screw it up?
  15. Hostile

118,363 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    I'll admit that's why it was stripped. At least until someone shows me that isn't why. If it isn't why then it is plain wrong.

I understand why people would be suspicious given the publicity it got that this was the reason why she lost the Miss America crown. I'm taking the reports that she was not fulfilling obligations as the reason she is stripped until proven otherwise. However, a judge already admitted she lost the overall crown because of her answer.

That's sad.
  16. Hostile

118,363 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    Again, it's not about denying a union. It's about not forcing a church to perform those unions or grant adoptions if it is against the tenets of their religion.
  17. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Lol. Very true. Let them share in the pain.;)
  18. iceberg

27,963 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    that's up to the religion, not the government. if the gov wants to make it legal, let them go create their own process state by state. vegas will clean up all over again and open up gay health spas.

damn my vivid imagination for visuals...

anyway - if the catholic, baptist, budda, islam faith or whatever wants to say man/woman, that's their business. if you don't like it, king henry it and go get create the church of overgaydom.
  19. Hostile

118,363 Messages
    1,357 Likes Received
    Tell that to the Catholic Church in Massachusetts who had to close the doors on a 100 year old adoption agency to avoid the frivolous lawsuits because they do not grant adoptions to Gay couples.

Why do you think so many religions were opposed to the measures? Seriously.
  20. iceberg

27,963 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    to me that's a church call - their agency. i don't want the government in my business to that degree. then again, i don't want the government making those choices for me. if i want to have an apartment complex for singles only and don't want chitlins runnin around, this is america. my call.

but i'd lose out in court and it sucks.